Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:09 PM
stev394
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok wtf?

WTF do cagers NOT understand about scoots...I was on my way to work today on the interstate. Speed limit here 65mph...Its a beautiful day for a ride had my cruise set at 72 as usual. Some A**hole in a Dodge truck is about 20 feet off of my fender...I gave him the gentle hint of tapping my brakes light to back him off...He apparently did not get the hint...So I motion for him to go Around me.....novel concept....The ahole keeps inching up on me at 70+......WTF so finally I had to do it. I slowed to about 45mph(not recommended but at this point I was f****** pissed...) A light must have dawned on his head at this point and he pulls into the other lane and gets along side of me. This einstein rolls down his window and proceeds to tell me off. I told him to pull off so we can deal with this if he wants....He didn't want to...I'm shocked what part of common sense does this a-hole not get....lets see 3/4 ton pick up verses 800lbs bagger hmmmmmm.....no deeping of the gene pool in his blood line......

Old 08-15-2010, 11:17 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have dealt with him the same way-----right or wrong. Can't wait to read the post from the resident butt kissing wimps here.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in the east bay and my friend told me the other day that he got off his bike in traffic right before the oakland tunnels and got in a fist fight because some smarty opened his door so the guy couldn't split lanes...it made me f'n mad, wish I woulda had that on video. Ride well out there...

Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't get how stupid people are now, How could that guy not get the hint. I agree with how you handled the situation, I would want to shoot him, that's why I wont carry when I ride, I have no tolerance anymore!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why diden`t you just get over as he did, you cannnot win a situation like that we all get pissed on a scoot or car when some a-hole tailgates, but your dealing with your life, dosen`t make sence your as stupid as he is

Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 PM
FLYING
Club Member

I have been there too many times and want to send to him to therapy in a dark alley, but the last time I followed the bastard and from him being so tuff he drove striaght to the police station.Now I will get the plate number and with some assistance from information services on the web find their address etc and then deal with it at another time!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM
chevy94ss
Road Captain

A sub 800lb bike vs a 4000lb+ car = we know whose gonna win that match. I've done sh*t like that before on the scoot and been really lucky to get away. Just gotta remember that the odds are already against bikers.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

That doesn't happen here, and scooters are "expected" to lane split to the front of the line at lights. Most cage traffic goes slower than our bikes, and they are all worried about speeding cameras...great not having a front plate, hope they don't fix that and start taking pictures of the rear.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Theres cager drivers like that all over...

Seems to me like the bigger the town the more there are of them.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:24 AM
trmac
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by stev394
WTF do cagers NOT understand about scoots...
They don't understand a damn thing about us. Too many just don't like us and then there are the ones who are just jealous. Had them ride my azz, had them move to block lane splits (and I only do it at red lights), had them come into my lane while I'm riding even with them and they're looking right at me, they pull out of driveways while looking right at me, they'll cross the center line to come at me head on and the countless other things they do to try and kill me. A boot to the door, fender or mirror has been known to get their attention.

Quick Reply: Ok wtf?