General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone holder for handle bars (droid X, incredible, Iphone)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

This guy didn't need no stinkin' mount so why should you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klteYv1Uv9A

Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Springer95
REAL bikers don't care what other bikers do.
BullSHIT! They care what other bikers and other drivers do on the road, if they want to stay alive! And if someones post discourages another from buying a product that could likely get them or someone else killed, they've just made a great contribution to society. Kinda like the old adage, "friends don't let friends drive drunk".

Yeah, this is may be a review thread about a product, but I have to agree with the other protesters, here. You don't need a damn distraction on your handlebars to take your eyes off the road, or your hands off the grips. I don't care if you've been riding from the cradle. Anyone who thinks that experience makes them more "able" to handle these distractions is cocky and just asking to wear a semi on their forehead. I ride to get away from all that crap. Leave your damn cell phone at home or at very least in your saddlebag. Attend to it when you're off the bike! WTF???

Last edited by HoggyMtnBreakdown; 08-16-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ok. I am not trying to be a smartass I just have to ask why? Why do you need/want a phone holder for you bike?

You cant answer or talk on it. At least I hope you don't. Put it in your pocket or saddlebag. its free.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, ride anyway you want. It amazes me that all bike riders claim they want their freedom and then they are the first to tell someone else how to ride and what to do. You guys sound like a bunch of hypocrites to me.

Anyway check out the site. I have one of their iPod holders and it works great.

http://www.vegas-gunslinger-motorcyc...ne-holder.html

Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going to get that I suggest having a zip tie or 2 around it or some kind of clamp. Here in NJ the roads are so crappy any pothole hit would launch the phone right out of that thing.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:36 AM
vonzoog
Tourer

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
If your going to get that I suggest having a zip tie or 2 around it or some kind of clamp. Here in NJ the roads are so crappy any pothole hit would launch the phone right out of that thing.
If you are referring to the Gunslinger holder, I had my doubts too. But with over 1000 miles using one, it works.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While you're at it, why not mounts and/or connections for your microwave, beer cooler, and maybe a small flat screen TV? Turn that sucker into a two-wheel RV.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JohnT
While you're at it, why not mounts and/or connections for your microwave, beer cooler, and maybe a small flat screen TV? Turn that sucker into a two-wheel RV.
Under AAA and most insurance, motorcycles are considered RVs I think you were referencing a MotorHome

Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Springer95
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
BullSHIT! They care what other bikers and other drivers do on the road, if they want to stay alive! And if someones post discourages another from buying a product that could likely get them or someone else killed, they've just made a great contribution to society. Kinda like the old adage, "friends don't let friends drive drunk".

Yeah, this is may be a review thread about a product, but I have to agree with the other protesters, here. You don't need a damn distraction on your handlebars to take your eyes off the road, or your hands off the grips. I don't care if you've been riding from the cradle. Anyone who thinks that experience makes them more "able" to handle these distractions is cocky and just asking to wear a semi on their forehead. I ride to get away from all that crap. Leave your damn cell phone at home or at very least in your saddlebag. Attend to it when you're off the bike! WTF???
No sir, I respectfully disagree. Biking is ALL about responsibility. There is a HUGE difference between responsibly glancing at a GPS system on your bars to ensure your route, than mindlessly staring at it to watch the little arrow move. If you cannot drive with safety in mind then I agree, you should not use this device. However, if you can drive responsibly and carefully, there should be no problem with it.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally don't give 2 craps about what you do, but I will say that Pandora set to Waylon Jennings on a long ride on the SG is some good company.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Phone holder for handle bars (droid X, incredible, Iphone)