General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some douche threatened to steal my helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
malmgren72
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some douche threatened to steal my helmet

I have a FF helmet that I think is pretty cool. It's an Icon Airframe that looks just like this one: http://www.alivetoride.com/images/ic...lmet_white.jpg

When I go to work, I lock my helmet D-ring to the right mirror every day with one of those TSA Luggage combination locks. So anyway, I get off work today, go down to the bike and there's a sticky note under my helmet that reads verbatim "You're brave for leaving your helmet here. I might use it next time I see it."

I guess he didn't see it was locked or maybe he did since the note was under the helmet. I thought about writing back how much of a douche he is for even thinking about stealing it, but I really don't want to provoke someone to come back with bolt cutters and yank it.

What would you do?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts

Here in Texas we are a "right to wear" state. Why can't you take your brain bucket into your workplace? I know it never rains in California. And nobody can have guns except the bad guys. But. If they require you to wear a lid you should be able to keep it with you at all times. If I had a helmet that badass it would not leave my sight. Maybe the "douche bag" was trying to give you a heads up. Just wondering.

Last edited by OLD 96; 08-13-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 AM
GENRLEE01
Advanced

That's what I was going to say too Old 96. Arkansas here. Don't have to wear a helmet if you don't want to but I do. Have a Scorpion EXO 400 dogfight full face. That Icon helmet is the ****!! I'd definitely not leave it outside.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:57 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He has you already. You care for the helmet and can't stop him from taking it or damaging your bike. I think I might waste a day by trying to get him to leave another note without knowing I am watching. Then I would break his note writing fingers if I caught him in the act..

Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 AM
malmgren72
Novice

You're all right. I could take my helmet into the office. I guess the point is I have a problem letting some douchebag control my actions. I'm thinking he didn't see the lock and maybe his note was just trying to help me. He didn't say he would steal it - just use it - which makes me think it's another rider. There's a few bikes that park near mine.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:38 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by malmgren
You're all right. I could take my helmet into the office. I guess the point is I have a problem letting some douchebag control my actions. I'm thinking he didn't see the lock and maybe his note was just trying to help me. He didn't say he would steal it - just use it - which makes me think it's another rider. There's a few bikes that park near mine.
And us bikers never mess with each others head. Do we?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Lately, a lot of high-end FF helmets that are locked to the rider's bike are getting stolen. They're resold on ebay. When the buyer gets his new helmet in the mail it has no d-rings because the straps were cut to steal the helmet. I agree with the above poster's suggestion to take it inside with you. A pain I know, but since no one respects an individual's rights or property anymore that's the way it is.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 AM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me get this straight, some one leaves you a note saying they're going to steal your helmet. You have three options. 1) Leave your helmet on your bike and see if he steals it 2) Take it with you 3) wait in the weeds and shoot the SOB. Pick one.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 AM
el chivito76
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wouldnt it be easier to take it in instead of it going missing getting really worked up and then starting another thread of how your helmet got lifted?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he had wanted it, he would have taken it. Are you sure it wasn't someone you know, just pulling your chain?

Quick Reply: Some douche threatened to steal my helmet