General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some douche threatened to steal my helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM
malmgren72
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll def bring it in with me from now on and only lock it up when I don't have a choice. I love the Internet power of persuasion.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming that while this co%kgobbler is at work he leaves his wife or GF at home? Maybe leave him a note that you "might have to use her".

Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Dragan
Tourer

consider yourself lucky that you got a note and didn't lose your helmet. Carry it with you and you are guaranteed no one is gonna steal it. I had an HJC modular stolen off my ride in front of a busy grocery store last year in under five minutes..never gonna happen again

Old 08-13-2010, 11:20 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
If he had wanted it, he would have taken it. Are you sure it wasn't someone you know, just pulling your chain?
+1. locking it to a mirror is only going to deter the half-hearted, at best.

OP, youre overreacting IMO. i think the person was just calling attention to the fact that your helmet is an easy target. just bring it in with you.

edit: oops, didnt realize the OP already responded. good call, easy solution.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
stevent
Road Master

I Agree with the rest, it was a friendly warning. I always take my helmet with me or lock it in the trunk. I have a good friend that lost a nice Shoei with really cool American flag graphics. He left it on his seat to go pay for gas and cig's, when he came out it was gone. $400+ down the drain.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
so maybe a (cumbersome) U Shape Kryptonite lock around the chin bar of the ff helmet would be a better locking solution
Kryptonite lock...like the one in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2vLtpVPqhI

Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a nice helmet to say the least,in the work place,if it is not work related and not signed by who left it,it is usually left by a chicken ship pu$$y sob.don't know what your situation at work is but where I work on my shift their are about 55 employees and the way word gets around where I work,wouldn't take long to figure it out.Mean time I would keep a close eye on it.Could be a joke or could be someone that really wants it,never know.If you find out for sure who it is get um off by them self and tell um whats up.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My solution is an old piece of junk scratched smelly marred rusted worn out faded helmet. Works for me but nobody'll come near it.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont even leave my crappy $30 helmet on my bike. unless I'm outside with it like smoking a cigar at some state park or something. It was probably a co worker. who carries around sticky notes?????

Old 08-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD 96
Here in Texas we are a "right to wear" state. Why can't you take your brain bucket into your workplace? I know it never rains in California. And nobody can have guns except the bad guys. But. If they require you to wear a lid you should be able to keep it with you at all times. If I had a helmet that badass it would not leave my sight. Maybe the "douche bag" was trying to give you a heads up. Just wondering.
interesting logic: the (potential) victim is always at fault.

i'm with the OP. the note-leaver is a douche.

Quick Reply: Some douche threatened to steal my helmet