General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some douche threatened to steal my helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lock-it cable lock that I run through the opening and lock it to the bike - at least they'd have to cut the cable that way rather than just the strap.... but even then I consider all the 'shenanigans' that someone could do to damage the helmet or otherwise make it very unpleasant for me when I put it on. People aren't good natured (overall), so you really do have to keep them honest - in this case, while you'll be caving to the badguy, you're probably better off just taking your helmet with you rather than wasting more effort either trying to catch him or worrying about what he may do to the helmet (stealing it may be the least objectionable of his choices)

Old 08-13-2010, 06:02 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone thought that this might be a female trying to attract your attention, in the hope you may be waiting and hay presto the ice is broken, could be shy, or on the other had it could be an **** hole.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Tommo
Extreme HDF Member

Who would carry sticky notes about with them?.....My guess It's someone who see's you do this on a regular basis and Is giving you a warning about getting It stolen.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:21 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

so many opinions ON WHO wrote the note etc, im gonna throw this in>... MIRRORS are the easiest thing to RIP off a bike( matters not which model) if ya lock your super fine helmet< may i suggest YA DON"T LOCK IT ON A MIRROR.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 AM
shiftharder
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikes
If he had wanted it, he would have taken it. Are you sure it wasn't someone you know, just pulling your chain?
That`s what I`m thinking - a co-worker - maybe a jealous one who does`nt have a cool helmet like yours.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:52 AM
windy rich
Advanced

On the other side of the coin,I've found bringing it inside keeps it cooler in hot weather,warmer in cold weather,and alot drier when its raining. If you ride in the rain.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 AM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone is trying to warn you that such an expensive helmet should not be left on your bike. And...they are right. Your lock will do nothing to someone that really wants your helmet(and in the process of stealing your helmet-your bike could be damaged in the process). Take your helmet in with you and be appreciative for the warning.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I use to wear a lid all the time I would always take it in with me. Now and then I would lock it to the helmet lock on my Z1000, but 90% of the time I would just take it with me. I heard a story of a guy that went into McD's to get some food and left is lid on the mirror of his Sport bike like alot of guys do and when he came out it was gone and right then someone yelled to him and a punk kid in the passenger seat of an SUV smashed his lid right on the road out the window right in front of him and took off. If I care about it then I don't leave it on the bike.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Vern1
Cruiser

Greetings,
He said "use it" .......
If you go out and it feels especially sweatty.....he may have used it....for a urinal!

That said, what a douche!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by malmgren
...the point is I have a problem letting some douchebag control my actions...
That is exactly the point. I am all for the finger braking solution, but only on his writing hand.

Quick Reply: Some douche threatened to steal my helmet