General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

830.00 for a J & M amp and speakers installed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 830.00 for a J & M amp and speakers installed?

I'm out here in Sturgis, and I've been looking at upgrading my stereo system for awhile, so I go to J & M's trailer today, and they tell me over eight hundred bucks for their amp, speakers and installation. And that's supposedly including a 10% discount. This just didn't seem like much of a deal to me. Have any of you had the same done on your bike (with somebody else doing the install), and if so what did you pay? I'm scheduled to have it done tomorrow, and I'd appreciate a response so I know if I should back out of this or not.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

We sell the speakers and amp for $559.95 shipped. That is the 7.25" speakers and the 250W amp. Install it yourself and save an arm and a leg. Call us to order at (818)501-8946!

Drew

Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even at $550.95.....thats highway robbery for what youre getting.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:21 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyder
Even at $550.95.....thats highway robbery for what youre getting.
You have obviously not heard them side side by side with stock!

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 08-12-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like someones making a good profit.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Hey Jeff ---- Do you have a SG or the Classic that's pictured? I just did an upgrade & you wouldn't believe what I got for a little more money. This is my 3rd upgrade & will be my last. If you have a tourpak, look at hellsfoundry.com & take a look at their Woof Pak. The stereo on my bike is now nicer than most cars --- I kid you not. Just ask the guys with whom I ride! I have Hertz-Titans up front.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:34 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Was looking into these for my bike. But I think I'll go with the Boom speakers. It's a bike for Christ sake. 800. It isnt worth it and neither is the 599.99. These guys are nuts with these prices. I have a killer system in my jeep that this little dinky **** can't think about competeing with and didn't spend more than a grand on it.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I'm out here in Sturgis, and I've been looking at upgrading my stereo system for awhile, so I go to J & M's trailer today, and they tell me over eight hundred bucks for their amp, speakers and installation. And that's supposedly including a 10% discount. This just didn't seem like much of a deal to me. Have any of you had the same done on your bike (with somebody else doing the install), and if so what did you pay? I'm scheduled to have it done tomorrow, and I'd appreciate a response so I know if I should back out of this or not.

I just paid $870 for a 50" samsung Plasma for my house.

That is freakin highway robbery.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:49 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
Was looking into these for my bike. But I think I'll go with the Boom speakers. It's a bike for Christ sake. 800. It isnt worth it and neither is the 599.99. These guys are nuts with these prices. I have a killer system in my jeep that this little dinky **** can't think about competeing with and didn't spend more than a grand on it.
I have the Boom speakers in my Sg. For the money, I think you could do better. I'm looking to upgrade again.

To the OP: I think that's a little high. If that's the equipment you want, I'd say buy it outright and do the install yourself.

Now with all that said, if tearing into your fairing and doing it your self isnt something you want to do than your at the mercy of the high prices.....

Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Jeff ,,,,,

we normally charge $450 for our 250w deluxe amp kit with top-quality SS mounting bracket system etc ,,,,, no one else offers anything even close ,,,, Sturgis price $405 plus tax, ,,,,

our 7.25" speaker kit includes speakers, custom molded mounting rings, grills with mounted tweeter and midrange ,,, SS hardware to make sure that the geometry for the Harley mounting brackets is modified correctly for a secure installation ,,,,,, specially die-cut pre-gummed acoustic foam pads to help reduce in fairing rumble ,,,,,, all in the speaker kit for $279.99 ,,,,, Sturgis Price $ $252 plus tax ,,,,,,

Labor to install the speakers, $50 ,,,, labor to install the J&M 250w amp kit complete $75 ,,,,,

You heard my Ultra LTD yesterday in the J&M booth ,,,,, you have heard other systems ,,,, you chose the J&M for obvious reasons ,,,,,

we are not ripping anyone off ,,,,, but we ARE giving you a quality audio system upgrade for a fair price ,,,,,,

if you can get it done this well cheaper from someone else ,,,, I understand ,,,,,,

please have a safe ride this morning here in Sturgis ,,,,,,

Quick Reply: 830.00 for a J & M amp and speakers installed?