General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by HD 472
That's not true, his previous ride was probably not a Harley.......Them woman have thier priorities ya know
It was, another friend bought it a few weeks ago. '05 Low Rider, he sold it to buy his new Ultra Classic.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ran this subject past my wife and she said that she would probably be okay with it as long as she knew. Here I thought she would be all territorial about the back seat, but she said that since I'm over 50 and all ate-up from my youthful indiscretions, she's not real concerned about anything happening.

Now ain't that a sack slapper!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 AM
MamacitaSteph
Cruiser

I think I should probaly state that I for one LOVE to ride with my old man. I recently aquired my own bike, but I still like to climb on and let him do the work while I enjoy the scenery. I don't mind if my hubby were to give a ride to someone we both were friends with, but I sure don't want some unknown to me chick from his past that he had a previous relationship with on the back of his bike. That's grounds for an a$$whoopin. It's not like giving someone a ride in a car. It's more of a respect thing than anything else. Besides. if Mama aint happy, no ones happy. ; )

*I see that there are alot of smart men on here. Good for you for respecting your wife!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
chopped7
Road Master

i have given a lot of women rides(short around the block rides...not sturgis). i don't think i volunteered that info but i don't think my wife would flip out if she found out. it's like going to the tittie bar. she doesn't really like it but what is she gonna do? get a divorce over dropping a bill and looking at some ****? sheesh.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

"""
relationships are two things: compromises and communication.

it's great that the OP's intentions were innocent enough, and that's a good start, but it's not quite enough. if the OP's OL is insecure about other females riding pillion, the OP should realize and respect this. the flip side, though, is that the OL should also give the OP the benefit of the doubt and not fly off the handle, particularly if he was being forthcoming about the whole situation. so, everyone could stand some improvement. """

Good points.

Don't tell her?
Maybe, what do you do when she comes up to ya a week later and say, guess who seen you riding with a gal on the back and it wasn't me...?

She can kiss my a$$ I do what I want?
Maybe, but everybody I know with that attitude is paying more in alimony and child support than they can afford.

After almost 30 years of marriage I could probably give a ride to a gal, but over the years we've already worked most of our likes and dislikes out and I think if I was you, I'd get all that figured out before I put another gal on the back.
Your marriage may not have reached the stage where your both comfortable with it, if so, keep them off.
imho

Al

Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

My method is to tell other women (like there are any) that my wife is the only woman that can ride on the back fully clothed.

My only worry is that one of them might take me up on it.

Then what am I going to do?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Got solo seat first week after buying my scoot and removed the passenger pegs. I don't have to worry about the wife or any friends asking for a ride.
Problem solved.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geez I usually act before thinking. When I got my bike a female co-worker asked if she could have a ride (on the back, what else would she mean ??). I said ok but no helmet, maybe later. Told the wife, dirty look ensued, never gave a ride to anyone but her after that. sheesh!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 AM
bigalv63
Tourer

This is a great thread and U respect everyone's comments....In my case ...a teenager T-Boned me in June of 04.....and since then I will not let anyone on the back of my Harleys...especially my wife of 46 years.....she is a great cook..LOL...bigal v .....tucson, az...USA

Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,992 Likes on 4,981 Posts

aaahh, marriage...a three ring circus: engagement ring....wedding ring,,,suffer-ring!!!

remember, you married miss right,...you just didn't realize her first name was "always"!

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...