General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 AM
smokinfromshootin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i haven't even bought a 2-up seat yet, "still getting used to riding the bike," and i have already gotten the warning. she will make an exception for the kids though.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 AM
mtowner
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife told me in no uncertain terms, that no other bitch had better sit on that seat but her. She said she would burn it were it sets if she found out..

Old 08-12-2010, 06:28 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by raidernut
One would think I threw her down and did her in the middle of main st.

Well now, from the way you make it sound, perhaps you should have. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Next thing you know, she's gonna be sniffin your seat upon your arrival.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 AM
jara97
Intermediate

Man,

I would do flowers, chocolates and never do that again. I don't think my wife would have a problem with that whatsoever as long as I told her first. If not and she heard about it I am fairly confident she would kick my ***.

JA

Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I didn't know not disrespecting your wife had to be written. You screwed the pooch on this one.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

What a bunch of BS! If you can't trust each other, it'll be miserable for both of you. I'm not gonna say that I don't know how good I have it, because I definitely know how good I have it. My wife doesn't ride at all, but she couldn't care less. Too bad people get so worked up about the stupid stuff.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

+1 Geezr Glidr. Same here. Wife trusts my judgement And I give some people rides and no problem. And most are collage girls. Gotta trust each other!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I did not read all 7 pages of this thread, but I read enough to understand that most of you think it is inappropriate to take a lady friend for a ride on their bike. Well, when I got my dyna in 2002, my wife would not ride on it at all. She hated it and was afraid to get on it. She did not mind when I took a lady I worked with for a ride to lunch occasionally. She did get a little pi$$ed off though when I took her to Sturgis for a 10 day vacation. She got even madder when I took her to Niagara Falls. Blue Ridge Parkway trip (14 days) was the straw that busted the wife's back. She is now the ex-wife. I got both bikes in the divorce, but lost half of my pension, all of my savings, and my house. 12 days after the divorce, I married the lady from work. Life is good!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raidernut
I guess there is an urwritten rule that says the back seat on my scoot is the wife's only!
I traved to the town I grew up in, met up with an old classmate I have not seen in almost 30 years, I had two friends with me whom my wife trusts.
We left one place and went to another to eat and I gave her a ride A HALF A BLOCK!!!
One would think I threw her down and did her in the middle of main st.
I was totally honest with the mrs. about the day and she EXPLODED!!!
We need warning labels on the back of these things to help us that do not know all rhe rules yet. SHEESH!!!
DUH - is this your first day?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 AM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

I have already explained this situation to the wifey. If she's not tagging along on a road trip with a group, it frequently happens that I'll be approached by some guy that says his wife/gf/old lady wants to ride as the passenger. (Hey, the touring models do have very nice seats!)

She has absolutely no issue with this. Sorry some of the gals are a bit insecure but I'm glad my wife isn't!

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...