General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Kraft
Hey Twiggyaz; Probably a lot of guys would pass you and then pull off faking a gas problem just to get a ride with you now that we know. LOL. Not me of course, I am 69 and been married for 51 years to the same woman, and I sure don't want to mess that up. She is still the best thing that ever happened to me.
Thanks Jim!!

Wait a minute...you just gave me an idea!!

Congrats on that amazing 51 years.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
Here's a no no in my book. An ex boyfriend emailed me and said...hey...come give me a ride on your new Harley. I emailed back and said...LOL, are you nuts...that's like asking me to come have sex with you...get the F outta here dude!! Not only never...but freaking never!

This is ok. Riding back from a rally, guy breaks down, I stop to help, he needs gas...I ride him to gas station and back.

Seems simple enough to me...but each to their own!
Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Yep, makes sense! Now, would that also work for me if a too-drunk-to-drive girl in a bar asked for a ride home??

Ahhhhh, that would be a no!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Bombarde32
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by martinbrody
This is what your wife is pissed about, some guys go out looking to cheat, but lots just start out meeting up with an old friend. You screwed up big time. If you don't want to lose your scoot in a divorce, never ever call or communicate with your old acquaintance again, your wife would never settle until she wins your ride in court and then sets it on fire.

Sorry - I'm siding with the OP. I don't see the big deal. If your wife has so little trust in you that she can't tolerate someone else being on the bike for 5 minutes perhaps there's other issues to deal with?

It's not like he took her out to the back roads after a night of drinking.

It's like y'all are saying you aren't allowed to have any friends that aren't dudes. Weird.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bombarde32
Sorry - I'm siding with the OP. I don't see the big deal. If your wife has so little trust in you that she can't tolerate someone else being on the bike for 5 minutes perhaps there's other issues to deal with?

It's not like he took her out to the back roads after a night of drinking.

It's like y'all are saying you aren't allowed to have any friends that aren't dudes. Weird.
I don't see it as a matter of her trusting you.

I see it as a matter of you disrespecting her. Big difference.

She might not worry about trusting you, she might be pissed that you disrespected her.

Why did you marry her? You gave up being single to do that.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I don't see it as a matter of her trusting you.

I see it as a matter of you disrespecting her. Big difference.

She might not worry about trusting you, she might be pissed that you disrespected her.

Why did you marry her? You gave up being single to do that.
Sorry, but I gotta disagree. Getting married doesn't mean that you no longer have the right to have female friends. OR, that your wife can no longer have male friends. If someone is that insecure in a relationship, perhaps they should move on to someone they can trust OR... get some help for their obvious lack of self esteem.

The last thing that a loving & faithful partner wants is to be accused of something that they would never, nor have ever done. And that's what it sounds like happened here.

NOW, if OP is a reputed cheating b*stard who makes a habit of using the old, "she-needed-a-ride" excuse to bang women on the side, then never mind everything I wrote previously!

Old 08-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 08-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The last thing that a loving & faithful partner wants is to be accused of something that they would never, nor have ever done. And that's what it sounds like happened here.

"Sounds like" doesn't mean "for sure what happenned".

Dude carting around another woman on his wife's sacred spot, and you imply that the wife has some sort of problem. "She's accusing him I tell ya!" LOL

"It was only a half a block, I was acting saintly".

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Yep, makes sense! Now, would that also work for me if a too-drunk-to-drive girl in a bar asked for a ride home??
I had my wife on the back before, when she was a "lil tipsy".

Back of my bike will never again see a drunk passenger.
I didn't mind the "reach arounds" at stop lights, but the unpredictable leans were more than I ever will allow happen again. Holy Crap!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I had my wife on the back before, when she was a "lil tipsy".

Back of my bike will never again see a drunk passenger.
I didn't mind the "reach arounds" at stop lights, but the unpredictable leans were more than I ever will allow happen again. Holy Crap!
Drunk, or falling asleep. Thought I was going to have to bungee my wife to me one night.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Thatzmister2u
Road Captain

Ummmm.... I HAVE bungeed a passenger before (falling asleep not drunk before) from Jackson, CA (Pioneer) to Reno in the middle of the night!! Works great!!

E-

Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u
Ummmm.... I HAVE bungeed a passenger before (falling asleep not drunk before) from Jackson, CA (Pioneer) to Reno in the middle of the night!! Works great!!

E-
+1

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...