General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey Twiggyaz; Probably a lot of guys would pass you and then pull off faking a gas problem just to get a ride with you now that we know. LOL. Not me of course, I am 69 and been married for 51 years to the same woman, and I sure don't want to mess that up. She is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rh8234
..... I got both bikes in the divorce, but lost half of my pension, all of my savings, and my house. 12 days after the divorce, I married the lady from work. Life is good!

Some people never learn.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by 10Dyna
My wife rided with a dude on a rice rocket and came back 3:14 AM
I waited in the garage, hiding behind my Harley.
I could hear the rice rocket pull up to the driveway entrance and then saw the garage door open.
She took her panties and bra out of her handbag and slipped them on.
Then she straigtened her hair and entered the door into the house.
While this was happening, I noticed a small crack in the welded area of my Harley frame.

I really don't know what to do now, should I replace the frame, or can I have the crack repaired by welding and repainting??? Please help with advice!!!
Well, the first thing we need to know, is your scoot still under warranty ? If it is, I'd let the moco handle things. Just my .02 ymmv

Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Grumps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
I've experienced a situation .. YOU tell me if this is a trust or even a respect issue, now that the "It's an unwritten rule that women don't ride with other women's men" card has been played...

.. We (hubby and I) are at a rally .. staying in a hotel ... whole group of friends hang'n together .. Hubby has had a 'few' (too many to drive) beers .. and I need to go to a grocery store ... but I've had a few beers too. I don't want him to drive me ... I can't drive myself ... but one of our friends (who's wife is also present) is going for a beer run (who hasn't drank at all .. yet) ... Is it wrong for me to hop on his dresser and go and pick up the things I need while he does the same? We have all been friends for many - many years. Come on guys ... RIGHT or COMPLETELY WRONG???

This is a perfect example of what we are talking about here ... no funny business ... no hanky panky ... Not even close! Just sharing a ride.

Do you think this is still disrespectful?
IMHO perfectly fine. Not disrespectful at all.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
My 'Ol Lady explained it to me in no uncertain terms. Women consider another woman on the back of your 'Scoot' inappropriate because most women consider the riding position their in, legs spread and **** against you, pressed against your back or ***, to be an intimate position and not for anyone but them.

Learned this the hard way.......
Give lots of rides to female midgets do you?

j/k

Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
rodethedragon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oldairboater
My bikes. I decide who rides and who walks. It isn't flirting till they drag out a booby.
My wife said it was OK if I agree with this.

Last edited by rodethedragon; 08-18-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TSD1959
Why did you even mention what happened? Didn't ask, don't tell.
exactly,,,,, you effed up dude, you slit your own throat

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
kamut
Tourer

I asked my wife about this thread. I took a couple of female friends from out of town on rides this summer. Just to see the area from a bike. I live in the desert, it's very scenic.

My wife said she didn't care about other women being on the back as long as she does not believe that I am actually trying to cheat with them.

I think a bad situation for her would be one where I was constantly spending time with some other woman that I had feelings for and was taking her for multiple rides, etc.

Interesting range of responses. Every family is different.

I think we all (husbands and wives) think about sex with people other than the spouse that we've been with for years and years. The test, IMO, is whether you act on it. I believe that it's never worth acting on. Too much trouble.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:06 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
Here's a no no in my book. An ex boyfriend emailed me and said...hey...come give me a ride on your new Harley. I emailed back and said...LOL, are you nuts...that's like asking me to come have sex with you...get the F outta here dude!! Not only never...but freaking never!

This is ok. Riding back from a rally, guy breaks down, I stop to help, he needs gas...I ride him to gas station and back.

Seems simple enough to me...but each to their own!

Yep, makes sense! Now, would that also work for me if a too-drunk-to-drive girl in a bar asked for a ride home??

Old 08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Guess you have to learn the hard way sometimes.

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...