General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idaho Spud
I have been married 35 years and have no interest in having another woman on my bike, haveing said that I thought "no big deal" when I first read that. Last night, we pulled into a local biker bar as part of a weekly Thursday night event. We watched a lady cuss and swear another biker down something terrible because he had a woman on the back who was not his wife. We are talking language that would make a coal miner blush and this lady was not even a wife but only a friend of the wife. So, I learned something. Catching a woman, other than the wife, on the back of a bike seems to be second only to catching her in bed. I don't say I understand it, or agree with it, it just seems like it is something boys should stay away from unless you want to create some drama.
Great observation, O wise one. I got some drama yesterday for just bringing it up. Then, I even got called a "dumbass" by two of favorite gals on here.

This morning I crept down to the danger zone, the kitchen, and found a nice breakfast waiting for me; she acted like nothing happened. This menopause thing is bizarre; I'm still on-guard for anything.

Bottom line for me, I love her to much to do anything that would hurt her. This mystical angel gave up her last name and took mine, she subordinated her future to mine, and she puts up with my foolishness; I also like to eat well and it's so cool how I can throw my cloths on the floor in any room and the laundry fairy comes and takes them away.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:12 PM
camshaks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***, cash or grass.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Now that the OP has been properly flogged and I'll bet has learned his lesson, I think it will be a cold day in hell before any female rides with him without her permission. Wife's co worker wants to get a ride on my new bike. I very simply told her she'd have to ask the wife since that was her seat, mine was up close to the tank.

I think the wife set the tone the firs time I went to a bike night without her. She said she'd give me two words to keep me safe. I asked what two.. She said Lorena Bobbit. I knew what she meant.

Bub

Old 08-13-2010, 01:37 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNoser
Score so far in thread
Those that say we should grow a set - 80% ( all divorced)
Those that are secure in there relationship -10% (about to get divorced)
Those completely whipped and towing the line -10% (jealous of the divorced guys)
I think these numbers are closing to reality.
Those that are talking tuff while away from home - 95% (most at work)
Those that will change their answer when wife if present - 95% (come on, admit it)
Those that will volunteer to pose as the "hot guy" on the back seat - 100%

Old 08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
WADELL
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by rh8234
I did not read all 7 pages of this thread, but I read enough to understand that most of you think it is inappropriate to take a lady friend for a ride on their bike. Well, when I got my dyna in 2002, my wife would not ride on it at all. She hated it and was afraid to get on it. She did not mind when I took a lady I worked with for a ride to lunch occasionally. She did get a little pi$$ed off though when I took her to Sturgis for a 10 day vacation. She got even madder when I took her to Niagara Falls. Blue Ridge Parkway trip (14 days) was the straw that busted the wife's back. She is now the ex-wife. I got both bikes in the divorce, but lost half of my pension, all of my savings, and my house. 12 days after the divorce, I married the lady from work. Life is good!
Did you get hit in the head when you were little? Something tells me you don't catch on fast!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:44 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WADELL
Did you get hit in the head when you were little? Something tells me you don't catch on fast!
lmao. Sure pushed it, huh? Like a bulldozer, it'll push a whole lot, but when it stops, it stops hard!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:08 PM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sweetbaboo
I should have never brought this subject up with my wife, and I wish I had never read this post!

Now she has had time to think about it and she just informed me that she is the Queen and the back seat is her throne; nobody sits there without her permission 'cause it is her turf. Furthermore, she wants to know why I am asking about this, and just who wants a ride. Geez, just like that I'm in the doghouse and I didn't do nothin'.

Seriously, this is menopause right? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!
YOU are what happened! It's like showing her a diamond ring or something she really likes. You know sooner or later you are going to get, and you just did.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by swestbrook60
32 years ago, I rode bitch on the back of my wife's bike downtown to get our marriage license. It was the first time I had ever been on a bike. After we were married she taught me how to ride, but I can count on one hand the number of times she has ridden on the back of mine. She still has her own.

I still consider my back seat as her seat and only those who have her permission can ride there. I do not have to have advance permission, after this many years of marriage I have a pretty good idea of who is allowed and who isn't without specific permission.

I think what it comes down to is whether or not the wife trusts the woman who is riding on your bike, not if she trusts you. We have had another couple as close friends and my wife has never uttered a word of concern if the other wife and I met for lunch, went for a ride, or whatever. I asked her why I could do almost anything with her and with any other woman she would blow a gasket...she said because she trusted the woman, not me.
Very well said. I didn't know my betterhalf had a twin. I thought she was the only one.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
waerthog
6th Gear

After she removes your test icicles...

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Nightside
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raidernut
I guess there is an urwritten rule that says the back seat on my scoot is the wife's only!
I traved to the town I grew up in, met up with an old classmate I have not seen in almost 30 years, I had two friends with me whom my wife trusts.
We left one place and went to another to eat and I gave her a ride A HALF A BLOCK!!!
One would think I threw her down and did her in the middle of main st.
I was totally honest with the mrs. about the day and she EXPLODED!!!
We need warning labels on the back of these things to help us that do not know all rhe rules yet. SHEESH!!!
The only time a woman other than my wife throws her leg over my seat is if the wife is standing there and has given permission. And the wife is usually right behind me in either her car or on her bike...

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...