General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Solidworksguy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big mouth.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragan
Man, that must've hurt, falling outta the "DUMB" tree from that far up!

Damn...that's funny!!!

Back to the story now...Yup..you messed up big time...I've read about this a couple times here on the forum...not good.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No warning labels needed. It's understood. A ride on a bike is a lot more intimate and personal than a ride in the mini-van or other cage. Almost territorial. You f'ed up.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I so want to ride around a hot guy on my bike. It would be fun to roll up to a bike show with a guy on the back. Just to watch all the guys freak out..
32 years ago, I rode bitch on the back of my wife's bike downtown to get our marriage license. It was the first time I had ever been on a bike. After we were married she taught me how to ride, but I can count on one hand the number of times she has ridden on the back of mine. She still has her own.

I still consider my back seat as her seat and only those who have her permission can ride there. I do not have to have advance permission, after this many years of marriage I have a pretty good idea of who is allowed and who isn't without specific permission.

I think what it comes down to is whether or not the wife trusts the woman who is riding on your bike, not if she trusts you. We have had another couple as close friends and my wife has never uttered a word of concern if the other wife and I met for lunch, went for a ride, or whatever. I asked her why I could do almost anything with her and with any other woman she would blow a gasket...she said because she trusted the woman, not me.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

If it were me, I'd tell her this. "Treat all disasters as incidents, and no incidents as disasters." Then I'd tell her to stop being so petty. If you're going to cheat, you're going to cheat. You don't need a bike to do that.

My ex girlfriend gave me a hard time one night because I left the house with the detachable sissy bar on. Notice I said ex girlfriend. I don't tolerate pettiness.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't Ask Don't Tell. Oh wait that's something else.....lol

Old 08-13-2010, 08:53 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can still turn this around.Give more rides to different women,do it now and often.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
snookums
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

NEVER NEVER put another woman on the back of your ride if you are married. YES, unwritten law! hope you still have your nuts!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T K Glider
You can still turn this around.Give more rides to different women,do it now and often.
at first glance i thought this would be bad advice, and that it would be even more disrespectful to the OP's wife.

but after thinking about it for a minute, it does actually kinda make sense. the critical bit would be to give rides to *anyone* and not just old friends or women you find attractive. (hell, give a ride to a dude if you can.) by having a diverse group of pillion riders, you are showing that you dont have any motive beyond giving someone a motorcycle ride (surely you arent looking to bone the little old lady you took around the block last week, for hypothetical example), and therefore disassociating the intimacy aspect from it.

this is all purely theoretical, mind you. i would still highly advise you to ride solo, lest you incur the wrath of your OL.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 AM
chopped7
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wife knows i will give any girl a ride. she has asked me to give her friends rides. i gave my 70 some year old grandma a ride. i would give a dude a ride if i wasn't so homophobic. i'm not talking about long rides just short ones to the store or around the block. mostly to girls that have never been on a harley. i give rides if girls ask. there are a few guys i would let my wife ride with also. even if i wasn't there.

i don't know about the riding position being "intimate" either. you don't even know someone is back there on a touring bike. a girl would really want her **** in your back to have **** in your back. on a sport bike, **** in the back are unavoidable to the point of uncomfortable.

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...