General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE mistake involving wife...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AshMac
I'd be really pissed off if my husband or boyfriend....
Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black...

I dont take any chances... I have a dettachable back rest. When I ride alone, it comes off, along with the p-pad, and a fender bib goes in its place. IF I dont have it on it cant be used.

Thats her seat and hers only. Hell, she even takes her helmet with her.

The bike is mine, but the rear fender is her domain.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 PM
drbald1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all about respect & trust. If you have a woman you respect (and I do) and you want trust you have to give both.

"Don't tell" = "don't trust". You don't trust her response and you know she won't trust your actions.

Respect works the same way. It's her seat, and hers only. If someone asks me for a ride, my answer is "that's her space. You gotta ask her." I've had friends do just that, and if the OL agrees, we're fine.

As for asking permission, it's not about that. I didn't marry her to be apart from her or to get with someone else. I married her to be with HER.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (12-23-2023)
Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NightsRider
the key to any relationship is knowing when to keep your mouth shut, and not asking the questions you do not want to know the answers to.
the key to a relationship is evasion and partial truths? really? all this time i thought it was honesty and trust. huh.

DuciDay (12-23-2023)
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by martinbrody
This is what your wife is pissed about, some guys go out looking to cheat, but lots just start out meeting up with an old friend. You screwed up big time. If you don't want to lose your scoot in a divorce, never ever call or communicate with your old acquaintance again, your wife would never settle until she wins your ride in court and then sets it on fire.

Oh yeah wise words for sure. The back seat of my bike is for the wifey only, unless it's a female fam member.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

to the OP. i went through this back in june https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...-cheating.html. my wife was fine with it and the three of us had lots of laugh's reading all the post.

your wife must be very jealous woman. take her on a nice long weekend trip, she'll get over it.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
My 'Ol Lady explained it to me in no uncertain terms. Women consider another woman on the back of your 'Scoot' inappropriate because most women consider the riding position their in, legs spread and **** against you, pressed against your back or ***, to be an intimate position and not for anyone but them.

Learned this the hard way.......
And someone asks "WHY RIDE FOR half a block?" The answer is explained above!!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AshMac
I'd be really pissed off if my husband or boyfriend took another girl on the back of their bike and even more if I wasn't there or found about it after it happened. It has nothing to do with being insecure instead I feel that another woman would be invading something that I personally enjoy doing with just my man.
If your husband or boyfriend took another gal for a ride and had on OL that looks like you sitting at home, he should be drug behind the scoot by his................... well you know!!!

Disclaimer............. Above statement is made based on the assumption that your avatar pic is of the aforementioned OL sitting at home.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Pops
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mothers, daughters, sister in-laws and grannys are OK but you must have lost your mind to even think of having you "Classmate" squat on your wifes seat....Better cut ties with the "classmate"

be sure to remove all the SUPER GLUE from your home....

Old 08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My wive trusts me completely and I have given other gals rides - including her friends with no problems. The funniest time was at her restaurant/hotel's annual employee party at the lake. I just bought a new runabout jet ski and she wanted me to take it to the employee party. I told her that since most of the guys that work with her were gay that I would only give the gals a ride and she had to give the guys a ride, and she was good with that. All the young gals in bathing suits lined up for rides and the gay waiters watched on the shore. I had a great time and was busy giving rides all day. We laughed about it on the way home and that's the way it should be.

DuciDay (12-23-2023)
Old 08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bingo. That's why you make sure you're 1000 miles from home before you put another female on the back.

Cannon

Quick Reply: HUGE mistake involving wife...