Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a Bad (not so good) Experience with American Classic Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NickD
>>paypal will dispute any charge<<

That's only on Ebay (Ebay owns Paypal) not through a company's stand alone website . . .

not in my experience, in paypal you can dispute anything via transaction. any ebay transaction if i have to dispute it i bypass ebay completely and just do a paypal dispute.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:00 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I should come here before buying anything. I oredred a set of black 412 progressive's from them last night. I sure hope it goes well.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior

I have bought from them on ebay two or three times and never had a problem, but I never tried to return anything. I'm usually pretty careful about return policies when I buy on line.

It sucks that you got screwed on this deal. I don't think I would let it go. There must be some way to get them to take it back, or maybe you can put them on ebay and get your money back.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,629 Likes on 2,530 Posts

Originally Posted by NickD
>>paypal will dispute any charge<<

That's only on Ebay (Ebay owns Paypal) not through a company's stand alone website . . .

Just gotta say--that is one RIGHTEOUS looking sled!!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 AM
NickD
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, the buyer will always win when they open a dispute through PP over an Ebay transaction. (And it's something that drives Ebay sellers crazy as overall there are more crooked buyers than sellers.) But dispute a sale through PP outside of Ebay and it's nowhere near an automatic win.

Dicky, thanks for the compliment!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,334 Likes on 2,526 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieg
I've read some negative things about them on this forum. Of course, you usually don't hear about the smooth, ordinary transactions.
I saw the mustache engine guards in my sig pic and American Classics had the cheapest price by far so I ordered them and received them quickly. No problem. Ebay says they have completed over 190,000 transactions and their feedback is 99.2% positive. I only have the one transaction to judge them by personally.

ebay has changed their feedback process, you don't see nearly as many negatives as you used to.

i will never buy anything from them, i have heard too many stories to even chance it. if everything goes fine, then you've saved a little bit of money, but if you have a problem, forget it. they will call you anything from a retarded grade school dropout to a 'terrorist' (figure that one out????)

i would rather spend a few extra dollars and get good customer service than take the chance.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevieg
I've read some negative things about them on this forum. Of course, you usually don't hear about the smooth, ordinary transactions.
I saw the mustache engine guards in my sig pic and American Classics had the cheapest price by far so I ordered them and received them quickly. No problem. Ebay says they have completed over 190,000 transactions and their feedback is 99.2% positive. I only have the one transaction to judge them by personally.
if they are a power seller, ebay will not allow you to leave negitive feedback for like 30 days, paypal will stick up for you, ebay will not

Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM
T-Rod45
Road Captain

I ordered my D&D exhaust from them and it took almost 8 weeks to hit my doorstep. Not to mention in that time I found several vendors with the pipes ready to ship at $50 less... My fault.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

bought my bub 7s and kuryakan switch blades from them
and have had no problems.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 AM
inaroush
Road Captain

THEY SUCK!!!!

I bought a HIghway bar from them it arrived damaged and the quality of the item was ****. I tried for two weeks to resolve to no avail with them - I NEVER INSTALLED THE ITEM!!

Paypal was useless advising they do not get involved in disputes involving damaged goods. American Express is dealing with it now under a dispute.

I have emails from those ASSWIPES confirming a refund which they refuse to give after they agreed to it.

STAY AWAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM - SPREAD THE WORD

Quick Reply: Anybody have a Bad (not so good) Experience with American Classic Motors