General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin 2610 waypoints for HD Dealer locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Fatboy2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garmin 2610 waypoints for HD Dealer locations

I am wanting to ride out to Tucson from Southeastern Illinois in a few week. I am gathering information on the benefits of purchasing a HOG membership for the travel benefits? (Still trying to weigh that information)

I have a Garmin 2610 and am curious,

1) Does anyone have a waypoint list for the HD dealerships?
2) Is there an existing file that can be downloaded to the 2610?

I think some of Garmin's GPS will accept point files that can be downloaded. I know that Waypoints can be created on the Garmin software (Mapsource 6.5) that I can send to my 2610. I am "assuming" the point files are different than waypoints created on the software (Mapsource 6.5)

Old 09-03-2006, 03:10 PM
lapisblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Garmin 2610 waypoints for HD Dealer locations

Garmin® -Built Conquest Gives Harley-Davidson® Riders Even More Freedom
— Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced that Harley-Davidson will begin offering a customized GPS navigation system – named the Conquest – that features highly detailed, pre-loaded maps of North America.

The Harley-Davidson Conquest is available as an accessory for '96-later models (except VRSCR) using the new handlebar mounting bracket. The Conquest will also fit the Road Glide and Electra Glide FLHT, FLHTC, FLHTCUI, AND FLTRI 1998 model year or later with a mount that fits onto the motorcycle’s fairing for a clean and streamlined look.

The Conquest provides premium road navigation capabilities like turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions to addresses or nearly six million points of interest – places like lodging, restaurants, and a customized database of Harley-Davidson dealers and service centers. Riders will enjoy the unit’s easy-to-use interface and easy-to-read high-resolution color display.

The unit contains 2GB of internal flash memory that stores virtually every highway and byway in North America – with 500MB left over for user-loadable MapSource maps. The expanded memory also makes the unit faster to calculate routes and zoom and pan maps.

Rugged and waterproof, the Conquest can be removed from the motorcycle’s integrated fairing mount and stowed in a pocket for safekeeping. Turn-by-turn audible voice prompts (in a choice of 12 different languages) are delivered through the bike’s audio system or an included earbud. The unit also has an internal lithium-ion battery (20 hours, typical use) for on-foot adventures.

The Conquest navigation system gives riders even more reason to hit the open road on nearly any Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Riders can choose convenience and peace-of-mind – built by Garmin, a company that is a respected leader in GPS navigation. See Harley-Davidson dealers for pricing and installation, or visit www.harley-davidson.com for more details.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Fatboy2
Tourer

The Conquest sounds like a great unit. I have had the 2610 for less than a year so I really hate to purchase a separate unit, but thanks for the information.

I'm hoping someone out there that has a 2610 may have ran into this or have an answer?

Old 09-03-2006, 05:02 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,159 Likes on 5,323 Posts

Here you go. Use the download link in the first message to download the zip file to your computer, then upload to your 2610 using Garmin's POI Loader software. The zip should also contain a file with the H-D icons.

H-D Dealership POIs

Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may be a bit of a chore but if you take your time looking up the address of the Harley dealers and have the GOOGLE EARTH program, it will give you the grid coordenances to use as way points. This is the only way I know of to get the information.

For example: I just looked up the address of Mile High Harley in Denver and the coordenances are,

39 degrees 45' 44.00" N
104 degrees 54' 11.29" W

I don't know how acurate this information is.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:25 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a CSV file that I will send you with all the Harley dealers on it.
I use it for my Garmin system for my Bike.

PM me and with your email address and I will send it to you.

You have to have POI loader to be able to load it into your GPS

I cant say POI Loader will work for your model, I have the Garmin I5, but the loader is on the Garmin web site and I plug my GPS right into my computer, click on the loader and it loads any new points of interst or special places I have filed or downloaded..
Good Luck

Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

so what is the technique to download the HD dealerships to the garmin 2610.

1. got a 2GB chip, so will be loading all the US via Map source into my GPS vial the computer program.

After doing this, do I then use the POI installer to then load the HD csv files to the GPS?

I have all the programs, just need to know the sequence (obviously ain't a computer nerd, so need simple instructions)

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/B4A270CB03704EFC86E8A29F89CA1FCA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Fatboy2
Tourer

Gman,
I never could get the POI to load on my 2610. I'm not saying it can't be done. I just couldn't make it happen. I will be watching for an answer on this one...