General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cheap springer front end

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Rex_Vaginas
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap springer front end

lookin to put a springer on my night train. found some for like 400$ on ebay but im not that stupid ha. anyone know the best place to pick up a good quality one for a good price? thanks!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I ran both the DNA Springer from ebay ($383 delivered) and the Paughco thats on the bike now. The Paughco is so much better that to say apples to oranges would be doing the Paughco no real justice. The problem is the Paughco's START at triple the price of the DNA's that you get on ebay, but believe me, they are so much freakin' better its silly. Jerry's Springers are also a fantastic Springer. Sugar Bear if you can get your hands on one. Parks makes a cool leaf spring Springer and Redneck Engineering has some custom forks worth looking at. Bottom line, no one can beat DNA for price. They are chrome, they spring and the look like a typical Springer. The problem is they suck *****, rattle, squeak, are scrawny, lightweight, Asian copies of real forks, not to mention people have posted in various threads on chopper boards pictures of them breaking at the welds.....but they will bolt to your bike and roll down the road. I have not been able to find a good Springer cheap, so I bought the Paughco. You can always look for a used factory HD set, but most sets go for over a thousand bucks used on ebay. I spent many hours searching and reading before I bought the Paughco and I wish I had done that BEFORE I bought those junky DNA's. Just sayin'.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 08-09-2010 at 01:23 AM.