General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta get me one of these!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NOLAMike
No doubt. Back in 2001 the wife and went to Sturgis and then Yellowstone. We slept in a tent 10 nights out of 14. We haven't slept in since. We're motel 6 people.

Super 8 is good too.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Super 8 is good too.
LOL. That's option #2.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

The target crowd for this is extreme distance riders. Iron Butt and other extreme distance riders often sleep with or near their bike to grab a couple of hours of sleep before heading out again. Those guys can't put up 1500 miles in 36 hours or 10,000 miles in 10 days by renting hotel rooms.

If he markets to that crowd I am sure he will find a niche of riders willing to pay.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:29 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah I'll pass on one of thoes, I have no need to sleep while on my bike.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Wiskybilt
6th Gear

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
not a very good saleman if sleep was more important than talking to a future customer
that's a good point, I was just so worn out and hadn't thought of selling the hammocks, I just built one for me to use. We have patent pending on it as well as trademarked our name now. We are prototyping on other bikes and will be selling them soon. We are working with godaddy to build us an e-commerce site to make this easier. When finished we will have a shopping cart that you can order from as well as a spreadsheet that others can access to tell us what bikes to focus on. My girlfriend and I went to the Buffalo Chip campground and watched the concert, both of us in the hammock and it held us fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eqQE&vq=medium

Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiskybilt
that's a good point, I was just so worn out and hadn't thought of selling the hammocks, I just built one for me to use. We have patent pending on it as well as trademarked our name now. We are prototyping on other bikes and will be selling them soon. We are working with godaddy to build us an e-commerce site to make this easier. When finished we will have a shopping cart that you can order from as well as a spreadsheet that others can access to tell us what bikes to focus on. My girlfriend and I went to the Buffalo Chip campground and watched the concert, both of us in the hammock and it held us fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eqQE&vq=medium
Not only do I want one of those hammoks but I want to do the Hoka Hey

Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though my wife loves to ride her Heritage classic roughing it for her is staying at Motel 6 when we are touring around....so this would have to be for just when I get to do overnight rides with the boys...but looks like a great idea!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Wiskybilt
6th Gear
Default hi fellow HH rider

Ironass, how do I view the picture you posted? It says I do not have access to edit your post, when all I was doing was clicking on the pic to view it? How's real life now that you are back from the adventure of a lifetime?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Hate to be a bummer. But the engine is way to hot to sleep that close to. With that said, might work at rallies after the bike has cooled for 5 hours......
....not really too hot unless you touch it. Plus on cool nights...probably be real cosey.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,254 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiskybilt
Ironass, how do I view the picture you posted? It says I do not have access to edit your post, when all I was doing was clicking on the pic to view it? How's real life now that you are back from the adventure of a lifetime?
Don't know Mark. When I look at it the OP I see a small pick of you in the hammock and if I just put my cursor over it it gives me an enlarged version. Might need to get ahold of one of the Mods to find out what's up.

Life is always good!! Just sometimes better than others. The Hey was one of the better than other ones for me.

How's bout you? Probably pretty busy tryin to get that thing to market I would suspect.

Quick Reply: Gotta get me one of these!!