General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West virginia helmet law who has the low down hear its a no helmet state now

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 AM
axnjxn
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spent the weekend riding in WV (I live in VA) and everyone had a helmet on. Word must not be getting out.[/quote]

To repeat my previous post, sb192 is hung up in commitee and has not been voted on that's why the helmets are still being worn.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,089 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Originally Posted by axnjxn
I just spent the weekend riding in WV (I live in VA) and everyone had a helmet on. Word must not be getting out.

To repeat my previous post, sb192 is hung up in commitee and has not been voted on that's why the helmets are still being worn.[/quote]

Got it. Missed that part.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Why do these threads ALWAYS turn into a "wear a helmet" argument.

No one is questioning if wearing a helmet is better or worse.

The purpose is to say "hey, another state is on it's way to giving riders FREEDOM OF CHOICE OVER THEIR OWN LIVES". That, my friends is a very good thing.

Whether you CHOOSE to wear a helmet or you CHOOSE not to wear a helmet should be up to you.

Thanks for the info, Skully.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
axnjxn
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Why do these threads ALWAYS turn into a "wear a helmet" argument.

No one is questioning if wearing a helmet is better or worse.

The purpose is to say "hey, another state is on it's way to giving riders FREEDOM OF CHOICE OVER THEIR OWN LIVES". That, my friends is a very good thing.

Whether you CHOOSE to wear a helmet or you CHOOSE not to wear a helmet should be up to you.

Thanks for the info, Skully.

You beat me to it Longhair, well said.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=VaRider;7118503]Why the ******* comments like this when someone makes a comment you don't agree with?

Because the OP was not asking should he or should he not wear a helmet. He was asking about a change in the helmet laws. As a rule I don't get bent out of shape over a disagreement on a position like this, but I am sick to death of every one thinking they have a right to tell me or any one else how to live our lives. We now live in a country that has slowly taken control of almost every aspect of our daily life, and thier reasons are all the same, they feel they are smarter than the rest of us.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
ok after reading all of this at 12:33 am because I can not sleep. I will call the DMV tomorrow after work and see what I can find out. This is the first I have heard of it and I live here! sad eh? It looks like locals will have to buy the sticker but they can not expect tourists to buy the damn sticker. I will post what I find, thanks for the post!
This is the only post so far that makes a bit of sense to the original questionl.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
JerryL....
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do hope they do away with the helmet law in WV. I live close to Huntington, and would like to ride there some, but I stay away because of the helmet law.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I move to VA from MI. Both are helmet states so wearing one doesn't bother me. I have ridden in Florida without one.

Do I believe they save lives...no because you could still die from other injuries during an accident.

Do I believe they protect your head in an accident...yes

Do I believe they should be required...no

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for all the information guys. I did make some calls and those that said it is hung up in the Wva senate are correct so we got to keep our helments on for now.

Wow this thread got ugly quick and i just asked a simple question like others stated i don't care if you wear one or not its up to the individual and i was just looking for some info

Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 AM
2007ELECTRICGLIDE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet law

Called west virginia dmv half hour ago that bill did not pass still have to wear helmet in west virginia

Quick Reply: West virginia helmet law who has the low down hear its a no helmet state now