General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding alone ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:00 AM
06Heritage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding alone ..

Delete post

Last edited by 06Heritage; 03-14-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:06 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I find many other Harley riders are kind of stuck up and have their own little riding clicks. So, I mainly ride alone till all the guys I ride with meet up and go for the weekend.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Weakened Warrior
Tourer

I see quite a few couples riding solo in this area. Perhaps they're meeting someone else, but I do see it frequently enough.

My wife and I enjoy solo and group rides as well. I agree that it's nice to go solo due to the fact that I can stop and take pictures and not worry about holding anybody up. I like to take things leisurely sometimes. On the other hand, if it's a poker run, I like to get it underway pronto!

Last edited by Weakened Warrior; 08-08-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 AM
roadkinging
Advanced

hey 06Heritage
was gonna take a several day ride on vacation with a friend... planned it for several months.... his dad went too hospital and after 2days i said phuckit..... ran out on my own and had a great time... no one elses **** to get in my way... start, stop ,drink, eat, whatever i wanted the whole trip with no one else to care about... now i will plan a solo trip every year... oh yeah!...
wife and i went to the coast last weekend and we love going by ourselves... and with group rides too but love our solos too.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I've seen other couples riding "solo" so I dont think you're oddballs. My wife wont ride but if she did we'd probably ride around by ourselves.

Riding in groups isn't all bad but it seems it's a lot less trouble riding alone.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain

The wife and I are pretty much loners by choice. Tried the group rides, didn't like having to get 4 or 5 couples on the same page at one time. Some of our friends want the ride planned to the letter. Stops, starts, where and when to eat.
That's the reason we don't do the H.O.G thing. Went to a few meetings, never heard so much pissin and moanin in my life.
'Where ya'll want to eat?"
"Lets go to Joe's".
"Aw man, we always go there"
"Besides, Susan doesn't like their burgers".
"Lets go to Golden Corral".
"We ate there last week."

I don't need the drama, or the grief. We get on the bike and go. Decide when we get there.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:54 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love solo riding for the most part. I am able to set myself (my mind) free. Although it is fun to ride with one or two other riders on some runs.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:47 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Wife and I ride solo most of the time and enjoy it a lot. We also take our vacations on the bike. Been riding 32 years and group rides are fine but I would rather ride alone myself. We do ride with a few other couples at times but it is just so much easier alone not having to cater to anyone else.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:02 AM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride alone all the time, my wife wont ride and I dont like all the crying and complaining that everyone does. For all the reasons above, I just like to go on my own. I will ride along in a pack or with a biker if they're heading in the same direction, but usually after a certain point they go their way and I go mine.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:04 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We ride solo most of the time too. We participate in some choreographed "events" like PGR, FL VN Vets Reunion, etc. and do occasionally meet up with a couple of friends but most often, solo. Solo is REAL common down here.

Quick Reply: Riding alone ..