General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC racer killed at VIR by a 12 year old on a 250 doing 80mph?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beaner
was at a track day in nashville and got passed a lot by a kid on a 250 and i was on a 1000. He was nationally ranked in his age group; brought four bikes with different set ups; and his did had more invested in their trailer than i did in my track bike. Kid was from ky and his dad was close to the hayden family of racers. For open track days its about skill levels and not age or size bike. May not necessarly be as bad as what many think.............
+1

Old 08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
kwb377
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...was at a track day in nashville and got passed a lot by a kid on a 250 and i was on a 1000. He was nationally ranked in his age group; brought four bikes with different set ups; and his did had more invested in their trailer than i did in my track bike. Kid was from ky and his dad was close to the hayden family of racers. For open track days its about skill levels and not age or size bike. May not necessarly be as bad as what many think.............
+1000

I can guarantee that I would be more of a danger on a track at age 38, than Roberts, Spencer, or Rossi were at age 12.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Condolences to the family.

Here's a question for ya, would you let your 12 year old son race in this kind of situation?

Not so sure I would, considering the crashes I've seen on both the roundy round/roadcourse tracks or drag strips over the years.

Might wait until they were old enough to understand the consequences.
Then let them decide.

Hard to say.

Al

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Condolences to the family.

Here's a question for ya, would you let your 12 year old son race in this kind of situation?

Not so sure I would, considering the crashes I've seen on both the roundy round/roadcourse tracks or drag strips over the years.

Might wait until they were old enough to understand the consequences.
Then let them decide.

Hard to say.

Al
in most sports if you let them wait till they're old enough to understand what they're doing , they're too old to ever get good enough to compete at high levels

Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't race, but I go to our track a lot to watch.
My only comment is TWO ACCIDENTS, GUY GETS UP AND IS WALKING AWAY, and the a THIRD ACCIDENT, where the **** was the corner marshalls, racetrack staff, or for that matter where was anyone involved with track safety. There is risk in all we do but WTF.

Condolences to everyone involved, families of the deceased, and the poor kid who hit him