General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many multi brand H-D dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010 | 10:06 PM
mean green
Road Captain

Do the gay bikes and gear have their own gay corner??

Originally Posted by brenn
Louisville Harley Davidson is HD and BMW. I used to think of it as the "real" Harley Dealer in Louisville - now I am just disgusted by the gay bikes and gear in the BMW part of the store.

Old 08-07-2010 | 10:58 PM
Johnny_Ringo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brenn
Louisville Harley Davidson is HD and BMW. I used to think of it as the "real" Harley Dealer in Louisville - now I am just disgusted by the gay bikes and gear in the BMW part of the store.
i cant figure out if you are serious or ironic. funny post either way.

Old 08-07-2010 | 11:05 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Three I can think of off of the top of my head.

Kent's HD in Abilene, Tx- They also sell Honda's and Suzuki's
Champion Motorsports in Roswell, NM- I think they sell most everything.
Cheyenne HD in Cheyenne Wy- I don't remember what all they sold, but they sold a line or two of Jap bikes.

Old 08-08-2010 | 01:38 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Four Dyce in Riverside, CA. Harleys and Hondas. Hutchins in Yucca Valley, CA. Harleys and Hondas but he built a new place for the Hondas.

And then there are so many car dealers that offer more than one manufacturer that it'd be almost impossible to count them all.

Does that bother you too? Since you can't stand it at Harley?

Old 08-08-2010 | 06:42 AM
tat2dcoyote43d
Intermediate

The dealer where I bought my Wide Glide also sells Suzuki, Honda and he just started selling the Canam Spyder. It isn't a big enough market around here for them to stay open just selling Harleys. If they wer to close then the next nearest dealers are two hours away.

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:01 AM
srshaw
Tourer

When I turned 40, I promised myself a new bike, and fancied a Ducati sportsbike. Whilst visiting Bristol, UK, the Ducati dealer also sold Harleys (or should that be the Harley dealer also sold Ducatis). In any case the misses didn't fancy the Ducatis, but started to look at the Harleys. I'd never really looked at Harleys before, coming from a sportsbike background, and would never have gone into a Harley dealership.

Long story short, I now own a Harley Fat Bob. Still fancy a Ducati one day though (but it will be as well as the Harley).

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:14 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

One of the closest dealers in my area, Paris Harley, Honda, Yamaha in Paris, Texas is a multi-brand dealer.

The other, Doolin's Harley Davidson is a brand new large facility exclussively Harley dealership in Texarkana, Texas.

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:17 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Dillon Bros. in Omaha...two "twin" facilities separated by parking lot. HD dealer on the South & metric dealer on the North. I believe they bought-out a metric dealer further down the road & built the 2nd facility...???

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:20 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ejb2370
There is a dealer in the central Ohio area that advertises Joe Carson Honda - Harley Davidson, are there many others like this around? I personally can't stand it.
tons of them........Indianapolis had HD Northside with Honda/Kawasaki. Now we live in Kingman with Mother Road HD/Yamaha. What's the big deal? I like looking at ATV's and dirt bikes on occasion while at the dealer.

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:34 AM
wolfman 66
Road Captain

Who cares what they sell as long as they are a good dealer.

Quick Reply: How many multi brand H-D dealers?