General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wish i could fit on a nightster

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:52 AM
stwesty
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wish i could fit on a nightster

i really like the look of the nightster but i took a friend to the dealer with me and he said it looks like a mini bike when i'm on it. my girlfriend bought one and i took it out the other day. it was fun but just didnt compare to the size and power of my dyna. it's great for her though - she's lovin' it!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

I really like the Nightster too but at 6' I'm a little scrunched up on it. The Euro models have longer rear shocks which I think would give a better seating position and (heaven forbid) a better ride. If they could drop the price to around $10K I would probably buy one to cutomize and have fun with.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

How big are you??? I rode mini-bikes as a kid & no one made fun of me - all my friends wanted to ride it too. Who cares what anyone says - you only live once so why not have a little fun...;-)

Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember a few years ago when I wasn't really planning on buying a bike, but I'd stop in the local HD shop to look around anyways. I walked in and there saw a new Nightster. I fell in love with it and that's pretty much when I decided I wanted a bike. Realized I needed something a little bigger though and naturally gravitated straight to a black denim Night Train.

Nightster is truely what sparked my interest in obtaining a Harley though.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,235 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Call nutri-system?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't understand how a dyna fits great but a nightster looks like a mini-bike? the difference between the bikes really isn't dramatic, it's not like going from a nightster to a road king or something.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm only 5'8" and let a buddy ride my FXSTC while I rode his 1100 Sportster.
He had standard foot controls. I felt cramped on his bike.
The 1200 Custom I got my ex, had forward controls and I felt comfortable and fit me better than standard controls on the 1100.
I can see how a nightster could have someone feeling like they were too large for it's riding position.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

i had a sportster, and it was great to learn on, but i would not trade my softail in for one. with that being said, i wish they made a nightster the size of my softail. i have liked them since the first time i saw one.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:50 AM
yljkt
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your 6 ft or better and 200lbs or more a Sportster is a tight fit. I look like a bear on a pogo-stick riding the wife's 1200L.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:28 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by stwesty
i really like the look of the nightster but i took a friend to the dealer with me and he said it looks like a mini bike when i'm on it. my girlfriend bought one and i took it out the other day. it was fun but just didnt compare to the size and power of my dyna. it's great for her though - she's lovin' it!
I'm 6'1" and about 230#. I ride a Nighty as a second bike. It ain't as big as a Dyna, but it is more powerful if you look at the power-to-weight ratio. And it definitely is fun to toss around.

Quick Reply: wish i could fit on a nightster