General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Novelty Helmets In North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Novelty Helmets In North Carolina

Does anybody know a shop that carries them I can go in and shop,fit and buy? Perhaps in the Charlotte area?

Also those in NC wearing them do you have any trouble w/ LEO's?

Any tips or suggestions?

Being from Ohio I have never wore a helmet and I am despising this helmet law here. I want to at least try a novelty and see if I can tolerate them better.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Seascape
Road Captain

Shameless bump............. nobody?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know plenty of guys around here wearing novelty helmets, and have not heard of anyone getting ticketed. I got one of mine from Eagle V-twin in High Point, NC. But the last time I tried to call them the phone was disconnected, so I don't know if they are still in business.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Pardner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went through a road block on 28 (hellbender) just before you get to The Dragon about 2 months ago. SHP was ticketing novelty helmets. Luckily, he didn't know of the recall on ACC. That being said, I've never been pulled over in the Raleigh area although I've heard that south of here in Moore County LE has been worrisome in the past.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They were everywhere when I was in Cherokee a while back. That's a few miles from Charlotte, but a nice place to visit.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Most any bike fest/rally has vendors that sell novelty helmets. Most shops do as well.... it's not illegal to sell, or own them.... it's using them that can get you in dutch, with officer friendly.

According to my motorcycle rights friends... LEO are pulling riders over right and left, and issuing tickets.... but I haven't heard of any, in actual first hand accounts.

You take your chances....that's all... There are groups out there fighting the helmet law.... and are helping those who have gotten tickets

Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in Charlotte and have never been hassled about my helmet. The Charlotte Police here are very Harley friendly as long as your not acting an idiot. Try Easy Eddies bike bar and Garage for a helmet, here is a link to call them. Call first the ones they did have were like horse rider helmets and they may have some different novelty helmets now.
http://www.easyeddiesmc.com/index.asp

Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
tracey87
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Cooks flea market in Winston Salem had some last time there. Its straight up 52, around Germanton exit, if you can't find any in Charlotte.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Seascape
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
I live in Charlotte and have never been hassled about my helmet. The Charlotte Police here are very Harley friendly as long as your not acting an idiot. Try Easy Eddies bike bar and Garage for a helmet, here is a link to call them. Call first the ones they did have were like horse rider helmets and they may have some different novelty helmets now.
http://www.easyeddiesmc.com/index.asp
Man that looks like a sweet joint I'm gonna go check it out.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk has it that many LEOs have held riders until they were able to put on a DOT helmet especially in the Dragon region.

Quick Reply: Novelty Helmets In North Carolina