General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One name...
Steve Cook... Independence MO... Hates bikers. One of the top dogs of the national biker gang task force and Metro drug task force.

Here you go.. I live at ground Zero.. One reason I am not wearing a patch now.
http://www.undercover.org/biker2009.htm

He has the mentality that all Harley riders are gun toting, meth dealers.

Last edited by chromedome09; 08-02-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
So, how difficult is it for any LEO agency to show "probable cause" any time they feel the need to? Jusk asking...........
"probable cause"-- They had a report of a biker with a knife (6 years ago).

I'm getting tired of going before a judge just to prove the traffic "violation" was not against any law. 4 times last year around Elizabethtown, NY. Apparently they get credit for the bust even if there is no conviction.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
what would happen if a LEO stopped me on the way to Sturgis...asked if they could search the bike and such and were told not without a warrant (not that I have anything to hide anyway but it's the principle of unlawful search) What kinda crap would I be looking at being a Canadian ?
If you are legal to be here, not doing anything wrong and were not speeding and he stopped you and asked… you say no. If he asks why you say, “Because this is the USA and there is a constitution which doesn’t allow you to. Write me a ticket, or let me go.” He has no choice. He may write you a ticket, but you have that right. If he says he is going to arrest you, go along with him and then file complaints up the ***

Old 08-02-2010, 08:51 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jlandis874
If the cops were going through the "bikes and such" then they either had probable cause or they had the riders consent to do so.
yeah because that's the ONLY time cops ever search someones vehicle... where the f*** are from????

Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
If you are legal to be here, not doing anything wrong and were not speeding and he stopped you and asked… you say no. If he asks why you say, “Because this is the USA and there is a constitution which doesn’t allow you to. Write me a ticket, or let me go.” He has no choice. He may write you a ticket, but you have that right. If he says he is going to arrest you, go along with him and then file complaints up the ***
all the while being polite as hell...thanks guys for the info

Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

But what if you're not a criminal, not into any kind of criminal activities and are not wanted for any kind of criminal offenses? And are not carrying any kind of illegal substances or whatever? What then?

Let 'em look all they want. They're looking for somebody else. Somebody else that might get a little riled if they want to look through their stuff.

My son made an interesting comment about stuff like this the other day. It's the criminally minded that don't like it. I wonder why?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
My son made an interesting comment about stuff like this the other day. It's the criminally minded that don't like it. I wonder why?
well...I'm not criminally minded.....but I sure don't like the invasion of privacy either..

Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
But what if you're not a criminal, not into any kind of criminal activities and are not wanted for any kind of criminal offenses? And are not carrying any kind of illegal substances or whatever? What then?

Let 'em look all they want. They're looking for somebody else. Somebody else that might get a little riled if they want to look through their stuff.

yeah, and your son is plain wrong. not all of us are criminally minded. but if a leo wants to search my bike, he is going to be told flat out no. its not because i'm a criminal, but its because as an american citizen, i have the right from illegal search and seizure. and i am not willing to give up that right. i went to war to defend that right, my father went to war to defend that right, and millions have died to defend that right. who are you to just give it away?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no offense but your son is an idiot...

sorry but our founding fathers thought that police or military searching your person or property was so egregious they put it into the constitution to protect us against it. cops today have pretty much circumvented the constitution completely and can and do search anyones vehicle anytime they want with little to no effort. if they don't have probably cause they will invent it, if you don't offer for him to search your vehicle they will use your reluctance as probably cause.

you're all f***ing lemmings who are ok with cops just pulling you over for no reason and rooting through your s***. you fools don't deserve the freedom you have. you haven't earned it.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratster
All nonsense aside, I don't know what the LEOs in Missouri are doing or possibly why. I do know the MHP are ********. Always have been. However, here is the reality. They will do what ever they want. The US government, court systems, and local law enforcement stripped away our rights a long time ago. How difficult do you think it is to train a dog to key on bag on a bike or on the trunk of a car? Really. Seriously.

Our rights went down the tubes because we let them. We let them because we are lazy. We don't vote. When we do, we don't do our homework and then we get stuck with someone like Obama. Bush was not a peach either. Both have taken our rights away for different reasons. Why? Because we let them. So, the next time you read a thread like this, answer the question correctly. "They do it because we let them by giving them the power to do so."
Exactly!

Quick Reply: Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?