General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
what would happen if a LEO stopped me on the way to Sturgis...asked if they could search the bike and such and were told not without a warrant (not that I have anything to hide anyway but it's the principle of unlawful search) What kinda crap would I be looking at being a Canadian ?
Then they would probably hold you there until they get the drug dog. If the dog doesn't smell anything, they'll send you on your way.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Smuggling donuts, no doubt.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sucherman
Could be incarceration, while they check you and your ride out, no matter where you're from.
wow.....so basically to hell with the right to be protected from illegal searches and you better capitulate or else......ok that's good to know

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

So, how difficult is it for any LEO agency to show "probable cause" any time they feel the need to? Jusk asking...........

Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
drifter27011
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryanp
So, for the third time in less than a week, a group of bikers have been seen on the side of I-70 in Independence, Missouri, with multiple law enforcment officers going through their bikes and such.

Anyone heard of anything about that city targeting bikers lately.
Seem pretty convienent since I-70 is a major route for alot of bikes to use headed to Sturgis.
Just curious is all.

I haven't Heard or read anything in the papers about it but it would not surprise me.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
sucherman
Club Member

A freind of mine was stopped outside of sturgis, LEO wanted to look in his bags, he said "no". He had to wait there for almost an hour for the sniffer dog to come and sniff, dog put his paws on the left saddle bag to sniff his pack. My freind went balistic about the dog scratching his paint, (no worries, no scratch), LEOs laughingly told him to go file a complaint. Yeah, you got rights all right.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

what would happen if a LEO stopped me on the way to Sturgis...asked if they could search the bike and such and were told not without a warrant (not that I have anything to hide anyway but it's the principle of unlawful search) What kinda crap would I be looking at being a Canadian ?
Don't worry you'll get your search at the border, they don't need a reason..

Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your gonna get crap no matter where your from if you say no to them searching your stuff and 9 times out of 10 they'll come up with some bullsh!t reason for probable cause believe that

Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All nonsense aside, I don't know what the LEOs in Missouri are doing or possibly why. I do know the MHP are ********. Always have been. However, here is the reality. They will do what ever they want. The US government, court systems, and local law enforcement stripped away our rights a long time ago. How difficult do you think it is to train a dog to key on bag on a bike or on the trunk of a car? Really. Seriously.

Our rights went down the tubes because we let them. We let them because we are lazy. We don't vote. When we do, we don't do our homework and then we get stuck with someone like Obama. Bush was not a peach either. Both have taken our rights away for different reasons. Why? Because we let them. So, the next time you read a thread like this, answer the question correctly. "They do it because we let them by giving them the power to do so."

Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
sucherman
Club Member

Ratster, Amen.

Quick Reply: Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?