General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,945 Likes on 4,025 Posts

"If you checked around a bit the OP of this old thread hasn't posted a damn thing for over 3 years. Do you really think he's around and is going to answer the question?" roadking2000

Did not realize I needed to check the OP's credentials and stats.

I have no idea if he is around to answer the question I posed.

This thread is pretty popular (10 pages) for a reposting of something that is old news.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:27 AM
L0LIF 67
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
I've never had a cop pull me over for no reason. But if they do they can go through anything on me or my bike. Personally I think if it'll help keep the illegals or criminals a little bit more under control I'm all for it. You just need to be the victim of an illegal or other criminal and it makes it a little easier to allow a stupid little search that yields nothing to realize the search of the illegal will make us a bit safer.

Then you are a fool,
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ATTRIBUTION: BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755.—The Papers of Benjamin Franklin, ed.

That being said, our Pensylvania supreme court here just ruled that the cops dont need your permission anymore to search your vehicle in the Commonwealth of PA.

Last edited by L0LIF 67; 06-15-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:09 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
I'll tell you why. If you checked around a bit the OP of this old thread hasn't posted a damn thing for over 3 years. Do you really think he's around and is going to answer the question?
What are you, the hall monitor?

Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 AM
nailz53
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratster
All nonsense aside, I don't know what the LEOs in Missouri are doing or possibly why. I do know the MHP are ********. Always have been. However, here is the reality. They will do what ever they want. The US government, court systems, and local law enforcement stripped away our rights a long time ago. How difficult do you think it is to train a dog to key on bag on a bike or on the trunk of a car? Really. Seriously.

Our rights went down the tubes because we let them. We let them because we are lazy. We don't vote. When we do, we don't do our homework and then we get stuck with someone like Obama. Bush was not a peach either. Both have taken our rights away for different reasons. Why? Because we let them. So, the next time you read a thread like this, answer the question correctly. "They do it because we let them by giving them the power to do so."

Old 06-15-2014, 06:19 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I've noticed recently that every DPS(highway patrol) stop has everyone on the ground and a vehicle search is taking place. Sure looks to me like we are now a police state where you are guilty of something and we will find it. What happened to our rights? Never mind...Obama!

Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 AM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
I've noticed recently that every DPS(highway patrol) stop has everyone on the ground and a vehicle search is taking place. Sure looks to me like we are now a police state where you are guilty of something and we will find it. What happened to our rights? Never mind...Obama!

I wouldn't live in TX due to the DPS-----------------my exposure has been they are pathological liars and use the dash cam as a tactic to get a confession but their threats are never on the tape. We get a average of one truck searched a month there even though the drivers protest. So far they never find anything but I am afraid of a thrown down bag of weed or meth to the extent I wish I could stop going to the state. IT sure isn't the TX my family left when I was a young child

Old 06-15-2014, 09:34 AM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've lived in Independence, MO for 15 years, riding the entire time, and have never been pulled over. For that matter, never had any contact with the MHP, either. I obey the law, they leave me alone.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:50 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl '69
What are you, the hall monitor?
Well those of you that feel asking someone that hasn't been around for over 3 years a question about something that happened 4 years ago isn't a dumb thing to do should sit by your monitor and wait for his reply. Let me know when he answers your question. I could care less about the thread. I thought asking a question of a guy that hasn't been around for years was a bit idiotic. Apparently some of you think he just might answer. Personally I don't think he will.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:55 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3408pete
I wouldn't live in TX due to the DPS-----------------my exposure has been they are pathological liars and use the dash cam as a tactic to get a confession but their threats are never on the tape. We get a average of one truck searched a month there even though the drivers protest. So far they never find anything but I am afraid of a thrown down bag of weed or meth to the extent I wish I could stop going to the state. IT sure isn't the TX my family left when I was a young child
You best not come here then because to me it's the Sheriff's deputies that are. That doesn't leave much does it? And I question those sometimes!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:35 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
So, how difficult is it for any LEO agency to show "probable cause" any time they feel the need to? Jusk asking...........
Easy, get the K9 unit to respond, he walks around the bike and the K9 Officer say's the Dog "Alerted" on your bike. Probable cause. They'll search and even if they find nothing it's a major hassle. Happens all the time.

Quick Reply: Independence, Mo targeting Bikers?