General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No risk no reward

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No risk no reward

I picked up my 05 Electra glide classic today - It's been a wild week and I am emotionally exhausted. I am in the process of changing jobs, leaving the world’s largest computer services company to go to the worlds smallest. No risk no reward right? I am 46 years old and have 13 week old son. Because I have a good amount of gray hair a lot of people say “what a beautiful grandson you have!!!” The boy won’t sleep more than 3 hours no matter how much we try to love or bribe him. Everyone says “next week” he will sleep, “next week” - I waited my whole life to get a Harley and she bought me a Softail right before our son was born – I loved it but the more I rode it the more I realized I wanted a touring bike – I tossed and turned and finally walked into the dealer last week and told them that if they made the numbers work and I didn’t get screwed too bad I wanted a black Electra Glide Classic. They did make the numbers work and we worked out a nice plan to try to sell the bike on consignment first but I also could trade it in – No risk no reward right? We find out my son has something called reflux and that there is medicine to fix it. I get the meds but it tastes so bad he spits it out – Then we find out it can be flavored so I drive all over creation to find a pharmacy that flavors meds – Why am I boring you with all this crap? –well one reason is that you all are good people and seem to care about others and cause I picked up that bike today and from the moment I sat on it I knew it was meant to be – I was afraid to pull away from the dealer. It’s a bigger bike than I ever thought I would own let alone handle but it’s like we were made for each other. I eased it into gear and pulled away and it was like I have been riding it all my life. Yeah I am still a little clumsy doing some things but 100 miles later it’s all coming together. I am totally wiped out but can’t stop looking in the garage and smiling – I can’t believe it’s there and I can’t believe it’s 10 after 10 on the east coast and for the first time in 13 weeks my son has been asleep for 2 hours at night and maybe will make it a few more – Grape flavored medicine go figure – No risk no reward right??? I know this is a worthless thread without pix but cut me some slack on this one - Pix to be posted tomorrow for sure – Good night!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: No risk no reward

Well congrats to you Kess! Congrats on the bike and on the grape flavored medicine. A good friend of mine's son has reflux and the medicine has worked wonders for her. She grinds up a pill and puts it in apple juice. Anyway, congratulations!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:35 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like its all coming together good luck

Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, Kess! Now, when we gonna go ride...

Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,856 Likes on 807 Posts

Congrats on everything, man! I know the "made for each other" feeling of which you speak. That's exactly how I felt the moment I swung my leg over my Night Train, and it hasn't left me since!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, I don't think the bike will get any sleep either.

John TN

Old 06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Kess, I am extreamly happy you found meds for the baby that work. Been there. Congrats on the 'Glide and enjoy.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:09 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mucho congrats on the bike! It takes some real guts to do some of the things you're doing. Congrats even more on the fact that your baby is not seriously ill and you have found a remedy. Many of us have gone through similar situations and know what a stressful time it can be. Art

Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the bike and the medicine!!

Ryan

Old 06-16-2005, 01:36 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy Kess, hope that your son gets better and that the medicine does its job. Also, congrats on the new scoot. Enjoy the ride, when you are able to.

Quick Reply: No risk no reward