General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No risk no reward

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:44 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: No risk no reward

Kess,

My daughter was colic. Not colic like some people talk about where they are a little fussy from time to time. I mean the kind of colic where she started screaming the second she fell out of her mama, until the time she was about a year old. It was a very trying time, not sure how she lived through it.

We ended up having to put her on Nutramagen, the stuff was like $5 a can, and that was back in '91. I don't miss those times. When people talk about how great babies are, my wife and I shudder, look at each other and hope that noone else has to go through with that.

I was an E-3 in the Marine Corps, on food stamps, selling blood for money, and bumming a ride to work. My how things have changed.

Mac

Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kess, it's posts like these that make this forum so great. Congrats on the bike and keep your head up with the kid. This will all be a great memory and a time you long for when he starts to become independant and doesn't want to be held or associated with you. I'm glad things are working out for you. Be careful on that bike and have fun.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:51 PM
CobraKid
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new Scoot !!! Have patience with the baby, everything will work out!!! If you and Phil ever get together for a ride, let me know, we can make it a threesome. Not that far from ya and closer to Phil really. Enjoy and Ride Safe!!!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks to you all! Mac - Thanks - It seems that there is always some one worse of then than you so I guess we don't have that bad - Cobra and Phil - I go for my NJ endorsement tomorrow morning - I will be bugging you guys soon for some riding soon - I have all next week off - - I gotta rack up those first thousand so I may as well do it in NJ!

Old 06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, Kess. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just stay relaxed and focused. Being relaxed it really the key.

There is some great riding in NJ. I'm working nights Mon-Thur but I'm off Fri-Sun. Friday maybe? Or even Saturday... Sunday is church then I sometimes ride with a friend. All are welcome to join. Cobra, when are you free?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Friday just might work perfect assuming I am not up against the wall on my 1K check! Trying to work out those details now

Old 06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck on your venture Kess. Everyone has a story to tell. Its the human condition I suppose. There is plenty to be said about having the 'right' bike. The one that 'fits', brings you great enjoyment to ride, and fills you with pride. Enjoy, and put down some miles.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 AM
Hog_fever
Road Captain

My 16 yr old daughter still has colic, lol.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Anniesage
Road Master

Great news on both accounts! Thank you so much for sharing. And you are right - that is what makes this forum different than all the others that are out there - no matter how many miles separate us - we DO care for and about each other.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:37 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Glad to hear you've got something for the little one that is working. Also glad you're enjoying the garbage barge; they are some smooth and easy riding machines.

Funny how a baby starts out with reflux, probably grows out of it, and then when they get to be ol' farts, get it again. I've had it for several years and am sure glad the insurance is picking up the tab for the li'l yeller pills.

Quick Reply: No risk no reward