General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
PearlsofPauline
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?

I have to go with Mills in Burlington NJ, I went to Barb's 3 times and spoke with Jay..I was looking at an 06 1200L in white, when he went to check the sheet on the bike on the floor they realized a guy who bought the same bike a week before had taken the wrong bike...so now technically the bike that they were having brought back..is used..I went back to see it when it came in with 600 miles the guy put on it...pretty hard miles too! Then he hardly budges on it, and you would think if I came in 3 times I'm interested in buying something....didn't even get any offers for incentives to buy. So I went to Mills, they still charged me the set up fee...but turned it into 4 year extended warranty instead of 2, gave me 300 dollars on a gas card, free labor on my first service( 1000 mile oil change cost me $67.00) and 20% off my add ons which were about $800.00 so I saved $160.00 there. I did have a problem with oil blowing through the a/c and then an overfill on the oil change, but they made it right and took me in immediately...twice in one week. So from Larry in Sales and Carol in Service with Vince the mechanic all of our experiences have been good. It's a small intimate place, not a corporate "harleybucks" dealer, when you go in you are acknowledged and get the feeling that your business is very much appreciated,I liked them so much we bought another bike from the the next month, the daughter got an 06 883C. Hubby got his Road King down at Mikes and even though they were good...I got the better deal!
ORIGINAL: ChopperHammer666

World Class Trenton Harley Davidson in Hamilton New Jersey. Rt 130 at 195. Awsome dealership. Bought my FXSTS there and get both my bikes serviced there. They have great deals on leftover 2006 models. My cousin and friends ride from Staten Island to get their accessories and bike serviced there.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
fatboy4ever
Cruiser

If you get a chance you should check out Brother's Harley Davidson in (Branford, CT) near New Haven. They have a great website as well, sorry but I don't remember the link. I bought my Fatboy from them and they are a MSRP dealer. Very good with service. First service is ($99). I went to several dealerships in CT, and I was impressed with thier knowledge and professionalism. Just my two cents. You can ask for John or Mike in the Sales Department.

Scott

Old 09-02-2006, 07:27 PM
kmm
Road Captain

Thank you guys I'm gonna check them all

Looking not to get hammered with the 1000 prep charge here plus over MSRP

Especially after trading in a 3 month old bike

Thanks again guys

Old 09-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Snobal
Tourer

KMM,

Southern Tier HD in Binghamton, NY was absolutely the best I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. But that was 15 years ago - and I've only been riding for a little over 40 years.

If they are even close to being as nice now as they were then, I'd buy another bike from them in a heartbeat.

JMHO

Old 09-02-2006, 11:47 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Utica HD in Utica, NY a long ways from NYC, like 200 miles north.

http://www.hdutica.com/

Old 09-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

kmm

Liberty in Rahway NJ sells for sticker and they have a few left over 06's which Iam sure they will deal on. Bought my bike from them and have been treated like a prince. Had some warranty work done on a leaking front tube..........took me right in, fixed it right and the bike was detailed, so it looked brand new.
They also give you a 10% discount on all parts & accessories if you buy from them

Old 09-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Protrucker
Tourer

I'll give another vote for Electric City in Scranton, PA. They sell for MSRP & are great people to deal with. They also give 10% off on parts, accessories, & clothes for the first year & bump the discount up to 15% on Tuesdays.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had purchased a bike at Brother's in Branford, CT. Excellent price, great to deal with, and great service dept.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 AM
cybdet
Cruiser

Fritz's HD Stamford CT-Friendly Honest bunch. Never gave one ounce of grief EVER. Even if I hadn't bought a bike from them. That's why I went out of my way to buy the SG from them now.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 PM
m101730
1st Gear

TSI has a shop in Ellington Ct and Columbia Ct.. The same family has owned a harley dealership since the 60's maybe longer, you don't stay in business that long screwing or $%^%$ people. There is also a great shop I stopped in in Lebanon NH Called Twin States Harley Davidson. The Service guy helped a friend for an hour and only charged him for the cost of the part. There are still a few guys out there who realize they need the Customer and treat them well

Quick Reply: Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?