General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:34 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?

I have to say that Smaltz's Harley in Eagle PA is a great place. Its where my parents bought there bikes and Even though I live in California now, Ive been there many times and they are great people.

Chris

Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Legends HD in Ledgewood, NJ nothing but good to say about them. sales, service, parts have all treated me right.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:19 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I live in NJ but my in-laws are in Massapeaqua - spend much time in LI HOGS just trolling. I can help you with a couple of dealers much closer to you than any mentioned. Lombardi in Staten Island is a good dealer for buying out of. I know Mike Lombardi personally and he put a really good deal together for my friends Joe and Chris and my brother. I can call and set up for you to go in. I find Lombardi a little shaky on service however, don't know why.

Second, I bought from Long Branch in NJ. Why when I know Mike? First, I live in NJ and second, we didn't realize we knew Mike until Joe went in there to buy his bike after I bought mine. A friend of mine just bought a VRod there and was treated fairly as well.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:23 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear KMM
I noticed you live in Long Island, I once did I now live in Staten Island and Im gonna tell ya my story, everyone loves a story, Anyways when I lived on your "Island" I would ride past all the dealers in Long Island, New York and go down to South Jersey exit #3 omn the NJ Turnpike to my favorie dealer "BARB'S HARLEY DAVIDSON" In Camden County New Jersey over 100 Miles from my home. I was at the time in Holtsville LI Exit 62 LIE, do the math over 100 miles, almost two hours so what does that tell ya about Barb's and gives ya a hint about the other stelers!!!dealers. At Barb's the customer gets treated like family not someone blowin thru with money to burn, I bought two bikes from Barb's ace salesman Jay Jaconetti and Mike the service manager will treat you like a king, man they are the best I still go there and am talking to Jay about buying my third bike from them!!!!! So call Barb herself, or Jay @856 456-4141 tell em Bill from New York sent ya , Ride Safe Brother !

Old 09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
03RK
Cruiser

I bought my bike at Stan's HD in Batavia and they have been nothing but great.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
heartdoc
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Hewlett. Found 3 good dealers. Purchased my 07 Ultra from Wayne at New Roc harley. Short ride from the Island. Brooklyn Harley was real nice but didn't have the 07 in the color I wanted. Rubin at Lighthouse will give you a fare deal.

Bob

Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser

Like an earlier post, I'd also recommend Highland Harley in Somerset, PA (just off the PA turnpike). I think that post said that labor was free......... not entirely true. As I understood it when I bought from them recently, any accessories purchased within 90 days of the bike purchase are free.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Darkcloud
Cruiser

Bought my bike at Barb's Harley. Once they got my money they forgot about me. My bike was not prepped at all.They almost forgot to put gas in. I hate to talk bad about any business, but I would not recommend them at all. I am still waiting on them to take care of my gas tank they were supposed to replace because they scratched. I've been to Brians in Langhorn, PA and they are more attentive to customer service. Good luck.

ORIGINAL: daharleyrdr

Dear KMM
I noticed you live in Long Island, I once did I now live in Staten Island and Im gonna tell ya my story, everyone loves a story, Anyways when I lived on your "Island" I would ride past all the dealers in Long Island, New York and go down to South Jersey exit #3 omn the NJ Turnpike to my favorie dealer "BARB'S HARLEY DAVIDSON" In Camden County New Jersey over 100 Miles from my home. I was at the time in Holtsville LI Exit 62 LIE, do the math over 100 miles, almost two hours so what does that tell ya about Barb's and gives ya a hint about the other stelers!!!dealers. At Barb's the customer gets treated like family not someone blowin thru with money to burn, I bought two bikes from Barb's ace salesman Jay Jaconetti and Mike the service manager will treat you like a king, man they are the best I still go there and am talking to Jay about buying my third bike from them!!!!! So call Barb herself, or Jay @856 456-4141 tell em Bill from New York sent ya , Ride Safe Brother !

Old 09-02-2006, 12:28 AM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

World Class Trenton Harley Davidson in Hamilton New Jersey. Rt 130 at 195. Awsome dealership. Bought my FXSTS there and get both my bikes serviced there. They have great deals on leftover 2006 models. My cousin and friends ride from Staten Island to get their accessories and bike serviced there.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
JF92
Intermediate

Brought my 06 Ultra Classic from Kosco HD in Kinnelon NJ for MSRP

They were very nice and honest, did not throw the bull around

Quick Reply: Any decent dealers in the NY?NJ PA? CONN?