General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

danger

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
harley9607
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to Sturgis a couple of years ago, a couple on a bike ahead of us lost their bag off their bike. They were in front of a box truck that was in front of us. We had just pulled into the passing lane on I-90 to get around the truck and the bags came out from under the truck where we had just been.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
shoemaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Many years ago out riding with friends near Sarnia Ont. (1979ish) A truck heading towards us pulling a light trailer with a catamaran attached to it.
Trailer and cat separated and the boat (like a kite) flew over our heads landing in a crumpled pile in the ditch.
We laughed our a$$es off at that one.Sheer terror will do that to you when you dodge death.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I got behind a pickup one day that had a long step ladder in the bed, legs first, top laying on the tailgate.

Just as I noticed it and decided to back off a bit just in case, the air caught the top of the ladder and pulled it out of the truck bed. I watched it helicopter several times before it hit the highway in front of me. Luckily, I'd noticed it and got stopped before it hit the road.

KISS

Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hog hit a Cow. That was the headline a few years ago when a harley rider ran into a cow that had wandered onto the roadway in the San Diego Mountains. Put the guy in the hospital. Hog lost.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Swinging canoe--for real. Check out this story.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c002e0.html

Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Hog hit a Cow. That was the headline a few years ago when a harley rider ran into a cow that had wandered onto the roadway in the San Diego Mountains. Put the guy in the hospital. Hog lost.
Into the cow??? Head first? Yekkkkkkkkkkkkk.....

Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Jim Gumbel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a couple of step ladders come off a service van one time around Indianapolis. Luckily no one hit them or was hurt. I also hit a small deer going about 10 miles per hour. Killed deer. No damage to bike. Stayed up.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

a few months ago I driving the Caddy with the family in the left lane. My son is in the front seat and we both watch an object fly in to the sky. This object went very high and was doing cartwheels. Both of us were watching this thing and I am thinking stick and my son is think.. well who's know what he was thinking. But this object landed in the median and stuck in the ground straight up just to our left online with windshield as we passed it. It was a crow bar. The damn thing vibrated off of a flatbed truck towing a car trailer and smashed the window of the truck in front of us. This is what sent the thing flying in to the air. $5,000.00 in Washington to include any criminal charges required.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysanity2
A couple months ago the wife and I were riding on a 2 lane highway not far from our house. There was 1 car in front of us and a truck in front of them with a mattress in the back. Running at about 55mph we saw the mattress launch out of the truck and flew about 20ft in the air. We thought there was a bag of clothes flying out with it but it was a person. Apparently the mattress had flew out a couple miles back and the guy decided he would ride on top of it to keep it from flying out. Terrible idea....he was okay and had a pretty nasty cut to his head and lots of road rash. He's very lucky that the car or us on the bike didn't hit him. It would have been much worse (for both of us). Always secure anything in a vehicle not matter if you "don't have that far to go".
Was it Larry, Curly or Moe?