General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis all access on the travel channel

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:55 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Sturgis all access on the travel channel

I just ran across this on the travel channel. Pretty interesting so far (since I won't be going).

Old 07-31-2010, 10:57 PM
TxEasyGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at work and just finished watching every episode. I think it was filmed in '05 because the dude with the 1.5million motor coach said he just got his SE SG and it was an '05. I saw it last year too, but this time I paid more attention since I AM going . We leave Friday at 6:30am.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 AM
azmusicman1
Advanced

I just tv'od all the episodes. I cant wait til I get mey HD, this is BS! I wanna trade my hinda civic for a real motorcycle....oh yeah, I wanna bang Tara from SOA

Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 AM
hiplainsheritage2
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life is nice when you are a Hamster.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 AM
ohiochris
Advanced

I thought it was funny when the owner of the buffalo chip wrecked his motorcycle, TWICE!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked up the program under Search on my Comcast cable and I found only one episode that I DVR'd. It is the episode where they are looking at prospective Hamster members.

Are there any more upcoming that I am missing?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Saw it. Parts and his crew were the only thing worth watching. Hamsters are..well...they are hamsters..buncha nerds with too much money.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiochris
I thought it was funny when the owner of the buffalo chip wrecked his motorcycle, TWICE!
The first "wreck" was awesome...never looked back over his shoulder when he made the left turn...

BobStreetBob

Saw it. Parts and his crew were the only thing worth watching. Hamsters are..well...they are hamsters..buncha nerds with too much money.
Agree. Liked watching the "parts" portion more than Family Ness and the Hamsters. Although it brought two prospective about Sturgis, along with Fonda and his group. All around good program; I want to go next year for sure after watching. As watching Full Throttle Saloon really turned me away from wanting to go.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

The only thing interesting I thought was the actual road trips to get there, and some of the special treatment they got at places like Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore. I'd give my eye teeth to have an opportunity to sit on George Washington's head! After that it got a little banal for my tastes. Felt like I was watching a poorly thought out "Animal House." I was especially distressed at Parts and a bunch of other drunks out in the middle of a dirt road shooting. Did you see the one guy not get his weapon to function, drop it, and it discharged?!!?? They were lucky no one was hurt or worse. Then Toby Keith, although I applaud him for not wanting to disappoint his fans, but ignoring their's, his band's and his own safety, plays through a major thunderstorm! Yes sir, looks like fun to me. I think I'll ride the badlands a couple of weeks on either side of the bike festival and be a long, long way away when the "rally" is going on.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decent show overall. However, as noted, the decision to air the booze-fueled midnight shooting spree was in poor taste. If the 'necks in Iowa want to get drunk and recklessly handle firearms in the corn fields, fine. However, airing that kind of crap casts more bad light on responsible gun owners. I wouldn't have been anywhere near those nitwits. They are truly lucky someone didn't get a case of lead poisoning.

Quick Reply: Sturgis all access on the travel channel