General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get the hell out of the way

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
02flh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow don't they know who we are they better get out of the way. Oh wait the speed limit is the maximum speed it is legal to drive slower. I know sometimes it just isn't fun to go slow but what the heck you could be in Afghanistan or Iraq. This traffic problem is not a real problem is it. Don over and out>>>>

Old 08-01-2010, 11:56 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's worse then being stuck by a bunch of riders on the road is coming here and letting more riders blast you for complaining about it. ***** them..I can't stand being stuck behind a single or bunch of a-holes. And neither can anyone in here if they are being honest with themselves.... I was driving 3 hours yesterday (in my truck) with my dog and no a/c (gotta get it fixed) and was behind about 20 cars and trucks..all of us driving 10 below the speed limit because of one idiot who was "enjoying the countryside" or wtf ever. About 20 miles of this ****. Unable to pass. I understand what the op is saying. So do all of you. Get honest with your self, ya pc, flower waving, tie dyed, Prius driving,sandle wearing,hippie throwback liberals..lol
There ain't no freedom of the road if yer stuck in traffic..
blubbubbblububublub

Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I can't believe how many weenies got off their bikes (without stopping because they were going so damn slow they just got off at a walking pace) to get on their computer and complain about someone complaining about slowpokes blocking the highway. I've ridden a lot of places where the speed limit is 55 or 60, and if you actually go that speed, you're a rolling roadblock.
It's supposed to be government by and for the people and the people are voting while they're going down the road what the speed limit should be.
One other thing; if you need to ride so slow you're not leaning in the curves, you're not safe on a motorcycle anyway.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 PM
JoeN
Tourer

we all learned it, when we learned how to drive - SLOW MOVING VEHICLES TO THE RIGHT

Actually you can get a ticket for impeeding the flow of traffic

sounds like these guys didn't give a sheet about anyone else

Old 08-01-2010, 06:25 PM
lucky jim
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
What's worse then being stuck by a bunch of riders on the road is coming here and letting more riders blast you for complaining about it. ***** them..I can't stand being stuck behind a single or bunch of a-holes. And neither can anyone in here if they are being honest with themselves.... I was driving 3 hours yesterday (in my truck) with my dog and no a/c (gotta get it fixed) and was behind about 20 cars and trucks..all of us driving 10 below the speed limit because of one idiot who was "enjoying the countryside" or wtf ever. About 20 miles of this ****. Unable to pass. I understand what the op is saying. So do all of you. Get honest with your self, ya pc, flower waving, tie dyed, Prius driving,sandle wearing,hippie throwback liberals..lol
There ain't no freedom of the road if yer stuck in traffic..
blubbubbblububublub
Goddamn I approve of this rant.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Its a common epidemic these days, bad manners, ME ME ME and F**K EVERYBODY ELSE

Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

So Bob, how do you _really_ feel about slowpokes?

Yep, I vote for Bob on this one.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
WindowMan
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a cop tell me back in the 70's that if 5 or more get behind you, you should pull
over since they will give you a ticket for it.

Ever since then I just open it up all the way so I dont have to worry about pulling over

Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet if you do a search on the forum, you could find where one of those guys in the group has posted up a bitch about being tailgated and how much he f-ing hates cagers for doing it.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rodnock
I call bullshit on both the 5 mph over part and the letting go by part. 5 over will get you a ticket in most places. Speed limit means don;t go over that speed.
If you want to go faster, wait for a safe place and Pass.
Not here in Va. Whether it is city, county or interstate, 5 over MAY be with the flow of traffic. 10 over is normal, I keep it at about 7-8 over and haven't had a moving violation in nearly 20 years. But who's counting?

Quick Reply: Get the hell out of the way