General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-in scratch

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:17 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master

If you use your bike over a period of time some small somethingh is going to happen to it sooner or later and it does hurt you inside.Takes me awhile to get over stuff like that to.I have done the touch up paint and 2000 grit trick my self and it works well.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:21 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

Sharpie.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:56 PM
1shaka
Cruiser
Default scratch-used this if not too deep,worked oday

FIX A SCRATCH CAR PEN (Item #31951)

now $6.98

(No reviews)

Fix-a-Scratch car pen instantly fills, seals, and repairs ugly scrapes and scratches on your automobile's exterior regardless of the color. This compact, handy pen is small enough to tuck into the glove compartment or console for transforming ouch into ahh wherever you may be. Non-toxic. Odorless. UV light activated. Plastic, felt, 4 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 8 1/4".
  • Tell a friend:
Enter your email address below to let a friend know about this great product!

close

Add Sku My bike was gunmetal pearl and this coverd shallow scratches-from Taylor Gifts.

Old 07-30-2010 | 08:05 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Sharpie.
I did that on a car once. worked well

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:42 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

A scratch or scuff here and there give a bike character...

Just my

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:43 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

What Joe said is the best way to get the scratches out, you just have to be careful to rub thru. You really need a buffer for the other steps to get a hight gloss and take the sanding scratches out. Dont feel bad, I always tell the kids put my tools away and everything else you use!! NIce so I leave the ladder out after useing it, leaned it against the garbage can. Yep should have put it away, but was gonna use it later. So the compressor turns on the Pitbull gets scared, bumps in the the garbage can and in slow motion, I watched the ladder full towards my bike......as I'm diving for the ladder in slooow motion I watch it heading for my shinny blk fairing. Missed and hit the front fender, now I have two small dents, no paint broken and it bugs the hell out of me

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:05 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

clear nail polish!

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:09 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Take all the time spent worrying and fretting about it and just ride. That little scratch won't seem so bad after 400-500 miles on the road......

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:11 PM
eisterd
Road Captain

don't feel too bad..I've done the same thing. Now my wife feels bad,so I get to ride solo more often. My scratch wasn't to bad though

Old 07-31-2010 | 12:56 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member

Ugh! What is it with wives and gfs??? My wife backed into my bike with our car earlier this year and dented in the rear fender lip. The paint wasn't broken (cover was over the bike, luckily), but I took it to a number of body shops (including H-D) and all said it couldn't be done without a repaint. "Can't ya just gently pull it out?", I asked all of them. Nope, they all replied, it'll crack the paint. I finally came upon one guy who with my permission pulled out a hammer and with the handle levered against the tire, ever so slowly pulled out the dent. Took 30 seconds and didn't crack the paint, like every other place told me it would. You can still see it when the sun hits it just right, but it's a non-issue to me, now.

I'm with everyone else, who just says polish it out and move on. It gives your bike character. In the next 6 years, your bike will have gathered hundreds of those scratches. It just comes from regular use.

Quick Reply: F-in scratch