General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agree or disagree

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They are still pretty popular among the chopper sect.

WHAT chopper sect.?? That died a few years ago although Honda still excretes the plastic 'Fairy' and the new line of other Tupperware machines. More plastic than steel..WHY? So someone will say: 'That looks and sounds just like a Harley'. I tried that-got tired of it-and now know the difference. Mine sounds,looks like and IS a Harley! Custom built chopper companies are dropping like flies..The big established ones (like Big Dog) are hanging on but i'd like to see Saxon's sales YTD in the last 3 years! Like they say-'imitation is the most sincere form of flattery' or something to that effect..Look at YamaStar..Push rods-air cooled-belt drive. Innovations? Not so much. IMITATIONS! very much! My friends will bash me for this but that's cool. I wanted to be the 'anti-HD guy' and got the VTX. I barely remember it now in just a few short (awesome riding weather) months! I think they(HD) should bring back the old catch phrase 'Live True'. No better time than now. Alcohol fueled tirade complete-that is all.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After viewing the SAXON add...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-47YipDLa8o

The 1st thing to come to mind was a vertical twin...Hardly the case...Looks like these guys dug-up Big-Dawg and are trying to build another Empire...Good Luck!!!...The money isn't there you fake Saxons...Try Anglo-Twins!

Old 07-31-2010, 05:52 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Everybody has an opinion which is Okay.Nothing ever could or will replace a Harley Davidson motorcycle for me.They are all I have ever craved for over 50yrs.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 AM
onaride63
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
Everybody has an opinion which is Okay.Nothing ever could or will replace a Harley Davidson motorcycle for me.They are all I have ever craved for over 50yrs.
Yes sir, I would rather push my hog home and have to wrench then ride anything else.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 AM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just say "Not a step up for me". Usually shuts'em up.
That's what I tell Harley riders when they say something like that and I'm on one of my non Harleys and to the touring bike owners when I'm on the Sportster.
F'em, the best bike best is what's best for you.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

I heard they have dealers coast to coast. One on the east coast and one on the west.,,

Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Darkrider1
Cruiser

Why?, If there such a step up aren't there more on the road? I've been riding awhile and can count the number I've seen on one hand!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 AM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carpetride
The custom chopper business is barely holding on by it's fingernails. Those stretched out bikes are old news (replaced by the big wheel, extended bag baggers) Those shops that are still in business are mostly doing service work on all makes.
Good point....Fact is that no new chop genres have taken off recently apart from the bagger makeovers and the flat track look.......and much of this is because The MoCo catches a trend early and exploits a diluted equivalent in their own line-up. We then buy these rather than risk the independent offerings - However, we need to keep patronizing the custom and low-volume special builders to keep the fresh ideas coming

Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MCTV
Someone who works in my building just looked at me a and said "Saxon is a step-up from a Harley" and "It's for people who want a better quality custom" Thoughts?
wtf is a saxon??.......nuff said

Old 07-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtwice
What's a Saxon?
Ya no kidding, WTF is a Saxon?

That right there answers your question...

Quick Reply: Agree or disagree