General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified Exhaust fix it ticket in L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBart
Yes, it is a fix it ticket, I just don't wanna fix it.......What can I say, I'm a rebel.
No it's not a fix it ticket. A fix it ticket is just that fix it and no problems. Now you have to pay a fine even after you fix it. A fix it ticket would be.... let's see a burned out bulb, tint on windows, tires, no mirrors. Misc. crap like that.

Let's just say although I'm not a lawyer I do have a legal background. You do the math. I was just trying to help ya. The only real rebel was James Dean and he died.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:00 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
If you were cited for 27151 cvc the fine is $108 however, Los Angeles county is one of the counties in the state that is exempt and allowed to increase the fine. I don't believe it is a fix-it ticket any longer just the fine.

Yea your right he was bored as hell or doesn't like bikes. Lets face facts you were in Calabassas residents there are probably pretty pissy about bike exhaust.

Good luck and I feel for you. Stay out of Long Beach too apparently they are cracking down on loud pipes.
And Seal Beach, Hunington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point.... ect, ect. Their all tired of us crusing PCH! I just try to be quiet in those areas & not over rev the Rinehart's!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:49 PM
SportsterBart
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
No it's not a fix it ticket. A fix it ticket is just that fix it and no problems. Now you have to pay a fine even after you fix it. A fix it ticket would be.... let's see a burned out bulb, tint on windows, tires, no mirrors. Misc. crap like that.

Let's just say although I'm not a lawyer I do have a legal background. You do the math. I was just trying to help ya. The only real rebel was James Dean and he died.

On the front of the ticket, it is marked as "CORRECTABLE"!

27151 (a) Modified exhaust, Vance & Hines-very loud...he wrote.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Big M
Cruiser

It is correctable, but they will still charge you (I'd guess a couple hundred bucks by the time they are through). You must know a harley riding cop, ANY cop can sign it off, but you're still on the hook for the $$.

Signed - a Harley Riding Cop

Old 08-01-2010, 11:51 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

Weren't you Cali's bragging about our state in another thread? Sounds like another reason why not to go to Cali.. Dumb *** laws and dumb *** government.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome09
Weren't you Cali's bragging about our state in another thread? Sounds like another reason why not to go to Cali.. Dumb *** laws and dumb *** government.
Yep - my hobbies are motorcycles, guns and guitars. In California I could still have the guitars . . . as long as I didn't try to refinish one. Honestly, if the rest of America gets as bad as California, law-wise, I'd leave.

Who realized that the hippies in the 60's were just a larval form of ***** that would take about 25 years to metamorphose?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Big M
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chromedome09
That's why I work in CA ($$) but live across "The River" in AZ.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Hate to interrupt the California bashing, but believe it on not, there are many other states (and cities) who are writing "loud pipe" tickets. Other than annoying the "citizens" the main reason is to get revenue because property values and therefore tax revenues are significantly down in this crappy economy.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Yep - my hobbies are motorcycles, guns and guitars. In California I could still have the guitars . . . as long as I didn't try to refinish one. Honestly, if the rest of America gets as bad as California, law-wise, I'd leave.

Who realized that the hippies in the 60's were just a larval form of ***** that would take about 25 years to metamorphose?
Nikita Kruschev said the same thing to JFK.....

Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
SportsterBart
6th Gear

I support my local Sheriffs K9 department, I sponsor their golf tourney and K9 show through my restaurant. I happened to mention my ticket and they offered to sign my ticket for me. They said they were really surprised that I got written up, "he must have been really bored".

Quick Reply: Modified Exhaust fix it ticket in L.A.