General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Harley stickers are cool - -within reason
75.48%
No Harley sticker should be on a car/truck
6.90%
Harley stickers are for braggers only
8.81%
Harley Stickers should be everywhere
8.81%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Harley Stickers on your car/truck window

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Harley Stickers on your car/truck window

Actually, I never assume that the driver of a cage with a Harley sticker is a Harley rider....likes Harley, yes.....rides a Harley, no. Harley is an icon. I had Harley shirts before I even bought a bike. Why? Because I liked Harley and wanted one.

Funny I don't have a sticker or any Harley symbol on my cage. Been thinking about getting the Trailer Hitch cover though.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:25 PM
mayday
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only felt worthy to put on a sticker once I had the bike. So I too assume that if you "wear the badge" you have the bike. Dont know if that makes me feel better about the person inside the "cage"....but I sure notice the stickers and hitch covers more than ever.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
LeavenworthJeff
Cruiser

Once I got my first bike (a used Sportster) everybody started getting Harley stuff for birthdays and X-mas etc. Which was pretty cool. I do have a small HD Bar and Shield sticker on the rear truck window. People have accussed me of being too Harley. But hey I have only purchased two harley hats. The rest of stuff: riding boots, t-shirts, stickers, wallet and other hats were all give aways from the dealer or gifts. Who am I to turn down such great gifts!

If I see a HD sticker on a car/truck I assume that the person or a family member is a rider or a former rider and hopefully will look out for me.

LeavenworthJeff

Old 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have a sticker on my cages but do have a front license plate that says HD. Just never got around to getting a small one. I have a friend with a low mileage couple of year old bike (2k on an 04) and he has a giant azz sticker on the whole back window of his Tahoe and smaller stickers just in front of the rear side windows on the panel. . Now understand we live in a small town of maybe 20k. He asked why I didn't have abig sticker like his. I told him that folks knew I owned a harley and rode it cause they saw me riding almost every day of the year. He had the funniest look on his face after I said that. You think I might have hit a nerve? I hope so.

Ride safe Y'all
Bubba

Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've wanted a Harley for about the last twenty years, so after I put my order in on 05/22 I have been helping myself deal with the long wait (delivery next week) by buying some Harley merchandise every month. I haven't bought a sticker yet but I did get a magnet to put on my school bus dashboard, the kids really like it.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
MikeG
Advanced

I wear a Harley shirt only when I actually have a bike to ride. When I was between bikes, I folded my shirts and put them in the closet. I did not feel right wearing a Fatboy t-shirt when I didn't have one. Same with stickers on my car. I like small one's that indicate that I like the brand but, I don't broadcast it all over my vehicles.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
jsd245
Advanced

The only thing I will ever own that will say "Harley Davidson" on it is my bike. Never saw the point in wearing all the Harley branded gear/clothes or advertising on my truck that I have one sitting at home.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
cwilks
Banned

The ********* that steal Harley's love to see those stickers so they can follow you home and case out how easy it will be to steal your scoot.[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a lot of HD stuff including a sticker in the window of my pickup and a front lic. plate.

Harley Davidson is a big part of my life, and my life style and personal posessions reflect that.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My '97 VW Jetta has a small Bar and Shield Harley Davidson sticker in the rear window. Just to pop up a flag. That is the car I use daily. It takes me from A to B, no problem.

My S3 Audi has the WCC Maltese cross sticker. Small one also.

I think is worse bragging about having an F150 Ford Harley Davidson truck instead of the actual bike than express yourself with a sticker from your MoCo in your car.

My $.02

Regards.

Quick Reply: Harley Stickers on your car/truck window