General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of the questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

But dont they make your hands fall asleep!? Lol sorry I love my minis. The only thing that used to be sore after a ride on the interstate was my neck and that was from my helmet visor. Apes are comfortable and I havent felt any less control using them.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, glad we settled that. Its your bike and your money. Now if the world would mind its own business and not worry about trying to run everyone else's we'd all be a lot better off!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never asked, but I have often wondered how anyone could ride comfortably with those things. I have also noticed that most riders running apes don't wave...why is that? Is it a safety thing or a hard azz thing?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude - those are some TALL apes, and you're sounding like a big t**ed chick with a skimpy halter top on at a bar who gets pissed at all the stares!!!!
Not sayin you're right or wrong - just sayin....

Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
I have also noticed that most riders running apes don't wave...why is that? Is it a safety thing or a hard azz thing?

Cause if they put their arms down for too long their pit's start to get stanky! Everyone knows guys with apes dont wear deodorant!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, they're named after our so called ancestors, so it's really just an evolutionary throwback! In a few hundred years your arms will be longer and no more discomfort!

Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I did have to drop my hands down a few times, shake them out from being a little numb"

So if you are happy, keep shaking your hands and stop your complaining.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96roadking
In a few hundred years your arms will be longer and no more discomfort!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I have NEVER understood that statement, only difference in how you are sitting is where your arms/hands are, you are still sitting up on most Harleys. Perhaps on a sport bike you are leaning forward, but not on a HD.
I have noticed no difference on my bike now that I have swapped to T-bars.
Actually with apes you can position them so you can lean slightly back or forward, you have a helluva lot more options available with apes than with any other bars style since rotating them forward or back is quite easy to do.

then you haven't ridden with apes then have you..?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look at them and not answer unless conversation with that person is important now or possibly in the future. Just staring at stupid people that ask irritating questions and not bothering to answer conveys a important message sometimes. I enjoy watching them try to figure out how to recover from just looking at them. You can really push buttons with that technique.
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze
So I have had my apes on since the beginning of spring, and every time I turn around, I get the same questions about them. Aint those uncomfortable? Why would you buy and expensive bike and put something on it you can only ride for 25 miles before having to stop? Dont your arms hurt being up there like that? How do you control that thing?
Sometimes I dont even bother to answer. Sometimes I just answer the question real short. Sometimes I just put on my best biker snarl, glare at them and walk away lol!
Best answer I can come up with is "You should try it sometime", without being a complete peckerhead.
I rode all the way to the beach, its a 4 hour trip from here. I only stopped three times. One to top off the tank, one because my wifes *** got sore, and the other because the sky decided to turn on the sprinkler system (very heavy rain). Along the way, I did have to drop my hands down a few times, shake them out from being a little numb, and kept on trucking. Some people can take it, some cant. I like em! So quit asking me! Lol!

Quick Reply: Tired of the questions