General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vermont State Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NewEnglander
Got stopped by a VT state trooper today on Route 9 near hogback mountain. He stopped me for and issued a written warning for a non-dot approved helmet.
Thanks for the heads up...that's in my neighborhood.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 AM
USMCAmmoMan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Why wear a non DOT helmet?
+1 ??

Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Why wear a non DOT helmet?
Because the "man" says a helmet is required. I would rather have something that weighs 8-12 ounces on my head than something weighing 2+ pounds.
I would pose the questions of why should the government ......................

A) Impose a helmet law?
Before they try to clean up my house, they should get their own house in order.

B) Give a rats azz if it is DOT approved.
I have one on. Are you happy now? Leave me alone!

Originally Posted by 2KSport
Around here non dot fine $50.00 non dot with fake dot sticker $175.00
It's all about the $ !!!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

about as bad as my getting a window tint ticket Monday by an Alabama trooper in the rain. my car is a 2001 P71 Crown Vic that the tine was applied by the Dept of Energy Police. must have been a real slow day out in the county.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by huffhuff
about as bad as my getting a window tint ticket Monday by an Alabama trooper in the rain. my car is a 2001 P71 Crown Vic that the tine was applied by the Dept of Energy Police. must have been a real slow day out in the county.
i've had more m/c riders angry about dark tinted windows than fellow cops - seems that the riders want to be able to see the driver at intersections to know if they've even looked their way or not.... seems legit

personally I like tinted windows in my ride - but not limo tint, just enough to match the factory tint in the back (SUV)

Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NewEnglander
I wasn't bitchin or complaining. I was simply giving a heads up that VT is stepping up enforcement of DOT requirement. As to why i wear a NON-DOT helmet...one word COMFORT.

I live in Vermont. I received a ticket, not a warning, for wearing a helmet that did not have 4 square inches of reflective material on it. I had to actually look that one up myself as I couldn't believe it. And I was doing nothing but coming home from work. The Trooper was behind me at a traffic light and pulled me over just as soon as we got a green and cleared the intersection. Then he commented on how much he liked my bike? All of the states have thin coffers and are looking for easy money. How much easier could that have been. Helmet needs to be DOT and requires 4 square inches of reflective material.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Not gonna get into the helmet or no debate but for me it's the only thinking head I've got so I wear one that will protect it. I guess I just care more that my head is protected in a DOT mushroom that a cool looking piece of crap.

Your results may vary and I figure you are old enough to make your own decision, just be grown up enough to live with it and its consequences.

Screw it, let's ride

Bub

Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleybass
Hey, thats the chance you take when you wear one of those. Got one myself, bought a fake D.O.T. sticker to go on my fake helmet. No tickets so far, but, I won't bitch if I get one!
doesn't sound like he's "bitching" to me........just sounds and reads like he's just telling us about the stop.....there were no derogatory or whiny comments in his post.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

The frustrated women of HDForums continues. Sorry real ladies, I don't mean you, just the whinny, too opinionated wussies, , that have to turn a simple thread into a crusade about dot, non dots, blah blah blah..

Geez, all the OP said was he got a ticket in Vermont for a illegal helmet. No complaints, no bitchen, no nothing. What's with all the BS answers? That's all folks, er, ladies.

As a matter a fact, it was just a warning ticket!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:15 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by golfblues
The frustrated women of HDForums continues. Sorry real ladies, I don't mean you, just the whinny, too opinionated wussies, , that have to turn a simple thread into a crusade about dot, non dots, blah blah blah..

Geez, all the OP said was he got a ticket in Vermont for a illegal helmet. No complaints, no bitchen, no nothing. What's with all the BS answers? That's all folks, er, ladies.

As a matter a fact, it was just a warning ticket!

I think some people just need to pull their heads out of thier asses sometimes and not to take **** so seriously

Quick Reply: Vermont State Trooper