General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New models disappointing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Wicked Cricket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see HD isn't cowing to the "I wanna water cooled bike, wa wa" crowd. If they ever do that, they'll be commiting company suicide, 75% or better of the HD lovers, (the other 25% are the newbie "I bought a Harley so I can get into the party" crowd, but I really love my Goldwing and Beamer), will never buy another HD again if it's nothing more than a imitation Jap cruiser with a Harley decal on it... They still make air cooled auto engines, plane engines and motorcucle engines (Harley ain't the only one). These bagger people who complain about heat were riding plastic covered Goldwings before the Wing Dings went belly up and they wanted in on the Harley parties (to them, seein' **** is a big deal...). Go back to your plastic covered sewing machine piece of Jap crap and leave us HD lovers ALONE! God I feel better now!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought it a little funny that when you're not in the market for a new scoot, the new models don't look as good as they do to someone that has one on order already.

For those that think nobody wants a liquid cooled Harley. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ring-bike.html

Last edited by shortride; 07-28-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
I always thought it a little funny that when you're not in the market for a new scoot, the new models don't look as good as they do to someone that has one on order already.

For those that think nobody wants a liquid cooled Harley. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ring-bike.html
Well, that makes it official! 1,177 positive responses in 3 years. I go to the Touring section on occasion, but find that many of the responders seem to want HondaHarleys, anyway. Not amazingly, I hadn't seen that poll before. Make a poll like that, make it for all Harleys, post it in General and see what you get.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Todd Dooley
Stage IV

I am disappointed in what they did with the Sportsters. The "Superlow" is nothing but an 883 low with a smaller front tire and an extra grand tacked on to the price. No Custom model with extra crome. Like the offering of more color in the different lines but the color choices flat suck. The web site needs some work as well. Backround is too dark and you can't see the colors of the dark bikes. Really poor marketing guys!

"Coach"
10 Ultra
08 Crossbones

Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are 32 new models in all, and only 10 of them at an MSRP where you might get them out of the dealer's shop for less than $20k. Clearly, MOCO management thinks someone has money (or decent credit). Time will tell if they are guessing correctly, although steadily decreasing sales would suggest otherwise.

Of course, there's nothing really new in all these offerings, just a reshuffling of parts and kits, and some different paint, so there were really no development costs to speak of. I imagine they are keeping their powder dry and planning/developing for when the next big EPA change hits (2012 in CA?), which will present an even bigger challenge insofar a cooling the big twins is concerned.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 AM
futureratbike
Banned

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
Sadly, to me, they are. I was told by my dealer that "big changes" were coming in 2011. What changes? Seems like the same ol' same stuff, but in a different year. Some of the new paint colors are putrid, too. Innovation, technological advancement, and daring design must be nonexistent at the MoCo - "LONG LIVE THE RELIC!" must be their motto. I'm sure that there will be plenty of cool new t-shirt & jacket designs coming our way, though. In the mean time, the German, Italian, and Japanese design engineers certainly won't be losing any sleep over this year's "crop" coming out of Milwaukee...
WAAAAAAAAAHHH! You poor widdle thing! Go get yourself a rice-burner, put aftermarket pipes on it so you can tell everyone 'it *sounds* almost like a Harley now!' and join a different forum so we don't have to listen to you every time your panties get in a wad.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
futureratbike
Banned

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
TFTCAR .......Totally agree with you .... as for cruzinlow your right they have been in production for over a 100 years ...... so lets get with the 21st century
If you don't like the bikes, don't buy one, or is that thought just a little too hard for you to process? Don't come in here and bitch that you don't think they're 'with the times'. Go buy something that suits your tastes and bitch on *THEIR* forum, not this one.

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
if you go to the shows then open your eyes see what's happenin cos i can tell ya there are more people on this forum with a feel for custom than any of the planks in the MOCO
There's also more on this forum who act more like panty-waisted little bitches too. So what? Don't like it or the bikes? Go somewhere else, it's a really easy concept to understand.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,197 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbe
did they change anything beside the colors???
Exactly my thoughts. Of all of the colors, there is only one I would even consider. The rest of em are just downright uggo.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by monstead
There are always plenty of people around here to complain about the changes or lack there-of, that's one thing that we can depend on. Jeez guys...can't some of you ever find anything good to say? Thing is, most of us really only "need" 1 bike and if you guys can't find one in this line-up that floats your boat, well then, perhaps this isn't the model year for you.

As far as changes...I think the MOCO did a pretty good job. The Road Glide Ultra many have clammered for is in the mix. ABS on the Softails - that's a nice one. 103"/ABS/security is now standard on the Road King Classic and is an option on the other baggers. Baggers have "packages"...nice touch IMHO. Dual pipes back on the SG...Sporty Ultra-low is likely to be a winner. Like that it has a 4.5 gal tank too.

As far as the colors...I think they are "better" than the '10's, but then again, I'm a chick. I also agree with the poster who said to wait to see them in person. That usually makes a big difference. I mean seriously guys, what colors do you think they should have added/deleted? Let 10 of you answer this and I'm betting that we get 10 different answers...which would highlight the fact you can't please everyone!

I do think the CVO's are well-done...personally, I really like the paint schemes & feel they are an improvement over most of last years. That green/black CVO SG has me salivating. (and prolly makes a few of you puke! )

Again, like another poster alluded to, in this extremely difficult economy, I think it would have been way too risky for H-D to stick their necks out there with major changes.
Yes, I agree...many nice improvements. Love that Sedona orange. That new RKC is really interesting, and I love the new tank badge. I have to see the two tone candy root beer color option - I think that one may be real sharp in person.

I would suggest that more color options should be available, I mean how difficult would that be? At least the Street Glide has quite a few color options.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
greenkid98
Novice

Originally Posted by doghair
You want to talk disappointed? The whole time I was growing up I was told I would have a flying car by the year 2000, I don't see no freakin' flying car in my garage.
Yeah, where the hell is my hoverboard!!!

Quick Reply: New models disappointing?