General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New models disappointing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aviator
ok. little different story if you're a dealer. not like us mortal men who have 1 or 2 bikes.
I'm a mere mortal. Not a dealer. And thanks to the a$$hat economy, my days of swapping out are over. I've got an XR1200X on order and at this point, probably will be hanging on to it for awhile. Or longer.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
babyray
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TFTCAR
OK, I've Flippen had it with people like yourself. It has two wheels and has been in production for over a hundred years. WHAT would you have the designers do? I guess if you had nothing to BITCH about you would have nothing to do, GET a life. Have a nice day.
The new model california Harleys suck.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What Sound?

Originally Posted by hoosierhog88
I own and operate a Harley Davidson motorcycle for the very reasons H-D has had for so long. I like the way it sounds. I like the way it rides. I like the way it feels when it idles and I like the way it feels when it is up to highway speed. I like the way I feel when I dismount after a nice ride and I like the way I feel when I just look at it.

If I want 21st century innovations, I'd buy a Victory or other plastic bike. I don't want water-cooled mambie/pambie motorcycles. I want one that has the look, feel and features that make it what it is... a Harley Davidson.

Seriously folks, if you have so much to bitch about with the new ones, then don't buy one. If you don't like what you currently own, then sell it and get one that you like. It really isn't that tough.

Given a vote, I think the majority of Harley Davidson owners prefer to leave things alone and let the Japanese companies build and sell the next "ah-ha".

With that Catalytic Converter in the headpipe they sound like 250 Honda's.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lencap
...and an MV Agusta Brutale -
One of my riding buddies from several years ago had an '04 Brutale. It's the definitive street fighter. For the most part he liked it but when he decided to trade it in for something else, he couldn't find a dealer that would take it. The dealer he originally purchased it from also sold BMWs and when he went to trade it for a K1200R, the dealer would only agree to take it on consignment. No other dealer in the D/FW area would touch it. It's a shame - it really was a cool hooligan bike.

Originally Posted by lencap
...Thanks again for the info about the oil cooling.
I *think* the XR's oil cooling system is the same as the Buell XB's. You'll see the XR's oil cooler hanging awkwardly off the left side - with virtually no protection to road debris or tip overs. For the V&H racing series, they relocate the cooler to under the triple tree. I'm not sure if we'll see the oil cooling used on other models - I think it's a necessity for the XR due to the higher engine compression.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I think I'll keep my 2000 Fat Boy!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
clamdip
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. But then again I'm not in the market for a 2011 so I could care less. I'm happy with what I have for the time being.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I still like my 2006

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Albreave
Advanced

Think the "powerpak" option shoulda remained an option and not standard on at least the Road King Classic. That model is now a whopping 19.5 MSRP and nearly 20k if you want color (I hear Harley now makes different shades of black). Compared to the Road King at 16.9, that seems like an awful huge jump.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:31 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of 103's available as options in the touring lineup. RKC, SG, RGUltra,RGCustom,UltraLimited. HD should have made that an option on all the tourers. It doesn't make sense to leave out the Ultra Classic for a 103 upgrade.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There are always plenty of people around here to complain about the changes or lack there-of, that's one thing that we can depend on. Jeez guys...can't some of you ever find anything good to say? Thing is, most of us really only "need" 1 bike and if you guys can't find one in this line-up that floats your boat, well then, perhaps this isn't the model year for you.

As far as changes...I think the MOCO did a pretty good job. The Road Glide Ultra many have clammered for is in the mix. ABS on the Softails - that's a nice one. 103"/ABS/security is now standard on the Road King Classic and is an option on the other baggers. Baggers have "packages"...nice touch IMHO. Dual pipes back on the SG...Sporty Ultra-low is likely to be a winner. Like that it has a 4.5 gal tank too.

As far as the colors...I think they are "better" than the '10's, but then again, I'm a chick. I also agree with the poster who said to wait to see them in person. That usually makes a big difference. I mean seriously guys, what colors do you think they should have added/deleted? Let 10 of you answer this and I'm betting that we get 10 different answers...which would highlight the fact you can't please everyone!

I do think the CVO's are well-done...personally, I really like the paint schemes & feel they are an improvement over most of last years. That green/teal/black CVO SG has me salivating. (and prolly makes a few of you puke! )

Again, like another poster alluded to, in this extremely difficult economy, I think it would have been way too risky for H-D to stick their necks out there with major changes.

Quick Reply: New models disappointing?