General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New models disappointing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the new parts on the Sportster Low. Gives the Sportster a different stance and look as well

Old 07-27-2010, 04:59 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,774 Likes on 2,337 Posts

I've never been one that likes change. I'm glad I have my Deuce.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
Japanese design engineers certainly won't be losing any sleep over this year's "crop" coming out of Milwaukee...
that's why they've been trying to copy it for years. And really to be distraught over this is kinda silly. I hated when the vrod showed up. I hated the TC even more. Bring back the generator bottoms with our choice of tops. Knuckle, Pan, Shovel or EVO. Lol. Change? Who needs it.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
inaroush
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not for nuthin, but I sold my SUZUKI VL800 after less than 3 weeks with only 160 miles on it to the HARLEY DEALER to get on a Fatboy because of the bike. What it provided and what it stands for.

Nothing against the Japanese market, but NO MATTER what it will never be American Muscle!

Innovation, is in my opinion looking at what is already right and not futzing with it more than necessary

Old 07-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ABS available on Softasils...might just have to think about a new Deluxe for the wifey..just for the extra safety features

Old 07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
harleyriv
Road Master

HD design has never been so good (just look at the aircooled range - brilliant ..although a trick missed with the glide bags IMO) and the underlying engineering is constantly evolving (some argue too heavily towards reducing build costs, but that's another story)

The MoCo have had the same dilema since they started the revival in '83 - how to innovate whilst still maintaining the look, feel and sound of the aircooled range.......tough call, but it'll happen sometime.

The watercooled bikes haven't faired well because we still have a choice to stick with aircooled, and the engine characteristics are still regarded by many as alien to the brand.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They sure ran out of ideas. Last year they had the nicely designed LoBoy and the new version of the Wide Glide. This year a "Super Low" Sportster and a Road Glide Ultra, that look barely different than the other Sportster and Road Glide models.
And it's unbelievable they don't have a single FXST model.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by mp
And it's unbelievable they don't have a single FXST model.
Does that Make Mine Worth More ,
I'll trade mine Fur-a 09 RK ,

Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Great Gazoo
Tourer

Originally Posted by hoosierhog88
I own and operate a Harley Davidson motorcycle for the very reasons H-D has had for so long. I like the way it sounds. I like the way it rides. I like the way it feels when it idles and I like the way it feels when it is up to highway speed. I like the way I feel when I dismount after a nice ride and I like the way I feel when I just look at it.

If I want 21st century innovations, I'd buy a Victory or other plastic bike. I don't want water-cooled mambie/pambie motorcycles. I want one that has the look, feel and features that make it what it is... a Harley Davidson.

Seriously folks, if you have so much to bitch about with the new ones, then don't buy one. If you don't like what you currently own, then sell it and get one that you like. It really isn't that tough.

Given a vote, I think the majority of Harley Davidson owners prefer to leave things alone and let the Japanese companies build and sell the next "ah-ha".

Old 07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Wicked Cricket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The abscense of an FXST/C model is GLARING! I've loved that model since the first one came out in '84, had a '89 FXSTC for 17 yrs before buying my current '06 FXST which I immediatly customized (I'm a chromaholic, what can I say...). I keep thinking THEY WILL come out with a mid year new model in the FXST/C vein one way or the other... there is no new model that seriously interests me.

Quick Reply: New models disappointing?