Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Forum Issues Forum Worthless??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forum Issues Forum Worthless??????

I posted yesterday about a problem with my signature pic. I finally worked it out on my own. But aside from a couple of members who chimed in with suggestions, I got no help. And as I look down at the other messages asking for help, many of them go unanswered. Is anybody around here supposed to be monitoring that forum? Or is it just a token?

Shakey

Old 07-27-2010, 06:02 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not going to give you, or anyone else, any help on anything computer related because I know just enough to turn the damn thing on. You could always PM a moderator and see if they can help you.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I'd have to say I am a IT tech & the user tools are pretty non-user friendly. Takes awhile to figure out what to do & I did same as you (trial & error). Didn't find any help menu & wouldn't know how to contact anyone - other than searching names. Yes, it's a forum & has loads of good information, just could use a few "user friendly" tweaks...

Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

These forums are not a cure all,just a venue for we biker types to throw the bull,exchange ideas,brag, show off our rides,say nice things to the females and them back to us.I started using the forums hoping for a lot more info on running truly big inch Harleys and at first was a little disappointed.In the end really enjoy logging on every chance I get,just to shoot the breeze and hear how the rest of the world looks at life.Thank you HD Forums and all you that keep this site so interesting.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Iceman24
I'd have to say I am a IT tech & the user tools are pretty non-user friendly. Takes awhile to figure out what to do & I did same as you (trial & error). Didn't find any help menu & wouldn't know how to contact anyone - other than searching names. Yes, it's a forum & has loads of good information, just could use a few "user friendly" tweaks...
There is a sticky thread at the top of this general chat forum for admin and moderators.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ator-list.html

Old 07-27-2010, 07:07 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I appreciate being able to be a member here. There are always going to aggrevation with any computer related issues. I've got one now but it's not a make or break situation for me.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
I posted yesterday about a problem with my signature pic. I finally worked it out on my own. But aside from a couple of members who chimed in with suggestions, I got no help. And as I look down at the other messages asking for help, many of them go unanswered. Is anybody around here supposed to be monitoring that forum? Or is it just a token?

Shakey
If you go to the Photoshop forum there are many guys that are in there all the time and will help. There are tutorials there also.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Seriously, we are just a bunch of people who happen to enjoy reading and talking about motorcycles. No every piece of advice is going to be good, not everyone is going to agree on every subject and there isn't always one right answer.
Almost no one on here is being paid to answer questions, we do it just to help others out or for entertainment.
If I see a good question that I don't know the answer to I skip it. If it goes most of the day unanswered I may give it a bump so that new eyes can see it.
Some people expect to post a question and their problem will be solved in a couple minutes.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Shakey
Geez ... everbody wants instant gratification these days ....
I'm a computer guy ... for 100 bucks I'll fix your problem ....

Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

If pics won't upload they are probably to big and need resizing first

Quick Reply: Forum Issues Forum Worthless??????