General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vancouver next city to ban loud pipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Topspin
They should ban the Starbucks on 3 of every 4 street corners in Vancouver. Wussies.
that's exactly it......Thurlow and Robson....the starbucks on the corner there is FAMOUS for streetbikes more so than cruisers....not many Harleys park there...some but not many. and it's the yuppy ****s that insist on revving the **** out of their bikes when they come in to park and when they take off down Thurlow to Nelson before heading to Granville.

This area is inundated with highrise condos and office buildings so the noise E C H O S!!

I've never had a problem going through downtown because I don't ride my bike like an *******......but these other ****tards are gonna screw all of us with their SOUTHPARK bullshit

Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,523 Likes on 2,260 Posts

Hope it all works out for you Canadians. I bought my bike used and it has Pythin lll's on it. I asked the seller for the stock pipes in case I wake everybody up at midnight when I get home from work. The first night my wife said she never heard me come home. Two houses down my neighbor is a cop and I asked what he thought, he said not a problem at all as far as he's concerned. Now if we could only get rid of that Hip-hop chit and those bass speakers that loosen my fillings.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

They're talking about it here too (Windsor). Must be a Canada thing. Local city council starting to talk about the same ordinance that Edmonton passed. Nobody ever mentions the bass boomers that shake windows for miles.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad I don't plan on going anywhere near there. If they tried that crap around here I would point them right at the power plant that has the intercom system so loud I can hear it plain as day in my living room and I live a 1/2 a mile away and across the Mon river!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Rabbit_
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This ain't no Canadian thing we're just the flavour of the month.
This crap has been going on in Denver for the last 3 years, Maine has their State wide law that says any mods to an exhaust can't make it louder then what it was stock, and it was New York that wanted to tag any bike that didn't have the EPA stamp on the pipes. And now isn't California looking to pass a similar law as the one in Maine? Be glad there's very little enforcement going on, so while your crossing places off your list of where not to go, you might want to start by checking out some the places closer to your own home.