General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My motorcycle is NOT a toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Hamburglar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if my bike was as nice as some of these pics it would be a toy. I do not have the time, money, or desire to have my bike look like that. How do you ride it with all that chrome? Id be afraid to get it dirty or scratch hundred dollar chrome dooo dads. maybe thats why its a toy?
My poor bike is my daily transportation, has almost no chrome, no cosmetic add-ons, and is dirty all the time. to each their own. I will ride with the guy that has the bugs stuck to his bike and the rain and mudspots.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Failz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is my daily transportation, friend (yeah I just said that), stress relief, something to keep me occupied and busy (she likes to break) and at times, a toy.

You need to understand that some people don't take riding as seriously as some of us others do. And I am perfectly fine with that. To each their own. As long as you are happy and content with YOUR scoot, who gives a flying f*** what others think or say concerning your scoot or theirs. Different people see their motorcycles as different things: A toy, a trophy, stress relief, transportation, another set of wheels. What they consider their bike neither concerns or affects you.

Ok, my rant is over now. I hope you were able to understand my point of keep the negative to yourself and share the positive.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Wasn't tryin' to get into a sword fight with anyone, just wanted to see how most people on this message board felt. I got my answer. I guess I'm in minority.

Using the term "toy" to describe anything to me sounds like that item is insignificant and dispensable. Not trying to be all high and mighty, but my Harley-Davidson is neither.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket
How do you handle real problems?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine(A Pan 'n A Shovel) jus' happen to be "Tinker Toys"

Tinker, Tinker, RIDE.
Tinker, Tinker, RIDE.

N E mo' ?'s ??????

Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like insurance companies consider it a toy and not a real vehicle.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Mine is not a toy mine is a "Garage Ornament" that I ocationally dust off and ride the **** out of it.....

Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't understand why the thought of a bike actually being categorized as a toy is so disturbing. I love not only my bike but what it has brought to my life...about as much as anyone. I still consider it as a toy because it's what I do as a passtime. Referring to it as a toy doesn't demean, minimalize or offer any suggestion that it's not important by any means.

You guys have got to let go of the falicy that 'toys' are easily expendible. That's just simply not true .. not with something that is admired with such passion. Call it a hobby, call it a toy .. call it 'what ever' ... still doesn't make it any less important in a person's life.

Some even think of their bikes with higher regard than their own family or the so called 'loved ones~aka: significant other'. They are passionate about the life. FYI: that is a little over the top for me..but nonetheless..doesn't change the fact that some people still do feel that way.

To each his own.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 07-26-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine is a toy....so is my boat....but the OL is a "trophy" ...dude get over it...life is a party and nobody leaves the party alive.....

Old 07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamburglar
How do you ride it with all that chrome? Id be afraid to get it dirty or scratch hundred dollar chrome dooo dads. maybe thats why its a toy?
No it's a shiny toy...........and chrome is really easy to clean. I buy all of my chrome on ebay. So I paid less than $500 for all of my chrome. Which is why I never polish it. Just wash and dry with a towel. I like a chrome bike but am not afraid to ride it.

Quick Reply: My motorcycle is NOT a toy