Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half helmet...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Darth Vador....."Luke i am your fatha" ......
That was my first thought too....

Wear what's comfortable or don't wear at all. Your choice. For the record I don't even own a FF.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
fatbob123
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wear half helmet and have an accident you will end up a retard or worse - dead -
go buy yourself a Schuberth one of the top brands - even buy a top brand open face but forget half helmets as they are just shitpots

Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Nobody wants to feel like they look silly in a helmet, but you got to wear what suits yah. I have all possible configuration of helmet from the pinnacle top of the line DOT/Snell full face race helmet to the all but worthless non-DOT beanie. For me the 3/4 open face is the best, but thats just me. Helmets, even decent ones really aren't all that much money now a days. Pick what you like and stick with it.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

If you want to look good, don't wear any helmet. Of course if you are ugly like the rest of us, then all bets are off and you are on your own.

You just have to get used to how you look in a helmet or quit looking in the mirrors. Those mirrors are for seeing what is behind you not for admiring your profile.

I notice there are the usual few dipshitz that have to insert their perceived knowledge of safety when it is not asked for, or appreciated.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not wearing a helmet is not an option in my province, unfortunately. I'm gonna give the half a try, at least a few rides to see if I like it. The idea of having fresh air on my face is definitely appealing.

Gonna have to pick up a decent pair of sunglasses. My military issue ballistics are odd looking things, though probably the most appropriate things to wear.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:22 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I wear Full Face, 3/4 and Half. Just depends how far and how fast I intend to ride.

Arai Quantum FF
Shoei J Wing 3/4
Shoei Santa Cruz 1/2

All of these helmets have spare parts readily avaible.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer

Here , this helmet will look just as good on you as it does on anyone else , so you won't have to worry about how you look . Plus it should satisfy all the "full face" safety gang .

Attached Thumbnails Half helmet...-for-total-protection.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Try your half helmet. Get your face in the breeze.
Sorry, I'm one of those that have the opinion, if you ride a harley you go minimum. If you are going to race around on a sport bike, full protection and armor.

****, years ago, anyone who rode a harley wore a cotton or wool riding cap. Full faced helmets are for pussies. Sorry I may have gone too far there .. didn't mean to offen anybody.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain

Well I have a half helmet and a full face. I've been wearing FF helmets since the first time my Dad put me on a bike at age 12. It's what I feel most comfortable wearing.
My half is a recent purchase and I do admit that I love wearing it.

I don't feel or look like a ***** when I wear either one. My head, my choice. Wear what suits YOU........

Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with a full face that I still use in the spring and fall when the temps drop.

Then I picked up a cheap half helmet, and hated it. I did prefer the feeling on the ride over the full face. So, I decided to spend a bit more and picked up a Bell Drifter. I didn't mind the looks, but hated how it tried to pull my head off on the highway.

Last week my Bell 500 3/4 arrived, and so far it's the best of the bunch. It's comfortable, looks good in my opinion, and best of all doesn't catch the wind.

Quick Reply: Half helmet...