General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcats - You gotta be kidding me?! Pt. 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default D&D Fatcats - You gotta be kidding me?! Pt. 2

Here's the original post.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...idding-me.html

It's been 3.5 weeks and nothing from D&D. In my mind, if you screw up someone's order they go right to the front of the line. D&D knows I was deploying soon and still...and still...hasn't sent me my pipes or even called/emailed me to give an update.

Here's my email to them. I will of course call them tomorrow, but this gives them a 4 hour head start on Hawaii time.

D&D,

I ordered a Fatcat system for my Harley through Dr. V-Twin the first week of Jun. I patiently waited 3 weeks for the back-ordered pipes to arrive. When I opened up the package I discovered the wrong pipes had been sent. My concerns with your company are as follows:

1. Your website never specified any special set of pipes for my FXDF. It, in fact, says "06-10 Dynas."
2. Whoever answered your tech line was woefully unprepared to answer any questions. He could not tell me whether to use the stock or SE gaskets and even told me I could "stack them together to double the seal."
3. Leonard was incredibly unpleasant to deal with and told me "we shipped what you ordered" despite the fact that I had ordered exactly what the D&D sales staff recommended and what your website listed.
4. It has now been 3.5 weeks since that discussion and the new, correct pipes have yet to arrive.

After ordering my pipes in June I was informed that I will be immediately redeploying to Afghanistan. That's not a sob story, but it should help you understand my urgency and my lack of patience for any more errors or delays. This has now been a 2 month process of which 1 month is directly due to your company's mistake. On the morning of 24 Jul, I go on pre-deployment leave and will be away from my bike. My bike, in fact, will be in storage and I won't have access to it until I return in April.

My expectations are these: I want confirmation of shipment of a Fat Cat exhaust system for a 2008 FXDF in black with a big boar baffle by 1700 HST on 22 Jul (tomorrow for me, today for you). That package must arrive by 1700 HST 23 Jul to provide me time for installation before it goes into storage. I will expect your company to incur the extra shipping charges to compensate for your mistake and delay of action.

Your response - whether positive or negative - will be posted on HDForums.com. If you fail to deliver your product by my previously stated timeline I will terminate my order and give my business to your competitors.
Too harsh? Am I wrong?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Berm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not too harsh. The email tells them what they did wrong, what they can do to rectify it and what you will do if they don't. You are being more than fair to give them another chance after all this time to get it right. There was no rant in the email. Nice job and well written.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 PM
EHLTB66
Tourer

Thats a lot nicer then I would have been. Diplomacy is not my strong suit. Good luck and thank you for your service. Be safe.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

In my mind I'm thinking "Where the F*$k are my pipes?!", but know full well that rudeness never gets anything done. Maybe D&D needs to look at how many people read the forum!

If I have to cancel this order I'm going to begin my Jihad against D&D.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,847 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Too harsh? Am I wrong?
You weren't harsh at all as far as I'm concerned. You were direct and to the point. Your letter addressed D&D's error by shipping you the wrong pipes, then you shared your pathetic customer service experience with them, and finally you articulated what you expected from them to rectify the situation.

Keep us informed here...whatever the outcome.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Butt Ugly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure hope you get them marinepilot. I hope they don't sit around and discuss it on end and get on the stick and build them or ship them. Time is running out.

I want to wish you safe journey as you head into harms way. Keep your head down. Thanks for being there for us.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

That's a good letter. I hope they don't let you down again but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I had a nightmare with Supertrapp earlier this year. They'll never see a penny of my money again.....I guess I'll add D&D to that list too.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

I don't understand how companies can treat customers this way knowing that everyone has a voice on the internet now that reaches millions. It's not word of mouth anymore, it's mass communication. In a few months we will hear D&D whining about how the economy had forced them to lay off workers and file for bankruptcy.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Customer service has gone out the door in recent years. So much so that when you are treated right, you think there must be a catch.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year I wanted a set of Fatcats for my bike. I was told by my Indy that there was a 4 week wait. Instead I went with a Rinehart 2-1 and couldn't be happier. Reading your post is just reaffirmation for me.....

Shakey

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcats - You gotta be kidding me?! Pt. 2