General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang wide solo and backrest

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that seat on mine and it didn't work out for me. It hurt my thighs, like the seat just dug in or something. Anyway it was uncomfortable. I ebayed it and got most of my money back.

Now the backrest I still have. I like it better than the HD backrest cause of the smaller size and to me it just works better and looks better. I still use it on my one piece Sundowner. YOu don't have to lean back to use it in fact it will set you as far forward as you want. I have mine adjusted all the way back and it is just about right. Now that is on the Sundowner, I think it was about in the middle on the Mustang.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

They suck......see sig

OK, pic is too small. Have the Wide & Sport Solo with back rest on each bike. Very happy.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Purchased the Vintage Wide Solo W/Backrest a little over a month ago for the Street Glide.

Took my butt a little while to get used to it coming from a two up Sundowner due to the Mustang being firmer.

Only regret is that I maybe wish I had gone with the Super Solo instead.

As for the backrest it great. Plenty of adjust-ability on it and like how you can adjust it while on the fly.

Without Backrest

With Backrest

Old 07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the vintage wide solo and backrest and can ride all day. Had it a coupla years. The seat itself and your *** have to have time to mold to each other. Seems like the longer I have the seat, the better it feels on my ***. I love mine. Results may vary.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought Mustang seats last fall, rider and passenger, my wife really didn't get a chance to try it out before it got cold. This spring when we finally went for a fairly long ride she said she wished we had bought the bigger seat, I called Mustang up told them my story and they were happy to exchange the seat (of course I had to pay the difference in price). Good seats, good company.

Paul in Colorado

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got the normal-sized Mustang solo with backrest and I really like it. The one thing
I DON'T like is that the backrest does not have any kind of clip to hold it in place; it
just slots into the back of the seat.

I do a lot of desert area distance riding and I've found that my camelback hydration
pack can snag the backrest and literally pull it up out of the slot. Only happened once,
but it came loose while I was doing 80mph on I-25 north of Santa Fe.

I've changed how I wear the camelback so it's not going to happen again, but there
really should be some sort of locking tab.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Horrell
I've got the normal-sized Mustang solo with backrest and I really like it. The one thing
I DON'T like is that the backrest does not have any kind of clip to hold it in place; it
just slots into the back of the seat.

I do a lot of desert area distance riding and I've found that my camelback hydration
pack can snag the backrest and literally pull it up out of the slot. Only happened once,
but it came loose while I was doing 80mph on I-25 north of Santa Fe.

I've changed how I wear the camelback so it's not going to happen again, but there
really should be some sort of locking tab.
Totally agree, even a push button of some sort would be better.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 PM
CaptainCHet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you asked about un-happy owners and I'm sure sooner or later you will find one! But it's not going to be me! I could not live with out mine!!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 PM
qwispichkn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my wide mustang seat with backrest. Got a great deal on ebay for it. much better than the stock seat. The back rest is adjustable and the wide seat lets you move around a little on those long rides.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

No complaints here either. I have the solo and the Super Touring seat. Both accept the backrest which on longer trips really helps out.