General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
Yes, failure to yield, I know the cop is correct. But the fact that the driver flees knowing that I'm probably severely injured or dead? That's what totally pi$$es me off! Im not bragging, just being honest, a good number of riders wouldn't have faired as well in that situation. And it happened so fast, I can't recall what I did to keep it under control. But I do recall feeling out of control, that's what makes me feel very uncomfortable. How I didn't lock it up, slide out from all the gravel, or lose it hitting the deep potholes and mailbox, I can't answer. It was a situation that was unavoidable. How someone could consider this a funny post, well, it's guys like you I won't miss.
Don't worry about what people post on here with their negative attitude.
No matter what you say about what you did to save your life. Someone is going to say you did not do more to avoid the accident.

I read these posts that say, sorry to hear this or that but if you did.....
Why does there always have to be a but? No one knows what's in someones mind after an accident or losing a loved one or a friend. Why can't people just say their sorry to hear about it and leave it at that.

We all have some impact on our destiny with the decisions we make. If we all had the, when our time is up it's up, mind set, there would be no cancer survivors.

You make the decisions that's best for you and your future. Being a man is not measured on how you handle risk, it's knowing when to quit when that risk out weights sensibility.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and kids have been told if I get killed riding they can be sure I died a happy man , rather die riding than in a nursing home having some under paid worker changing my diaper! Sorry about your friend and good luck with whatever you decide!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by THABULL
My wife and kids have been told if I get killed riding they can be sure I died a happy man , rather die riding than in a nursing home having some under paid worker changing my diaper! Sorry about your friend and good luck with whatever you decide!
Watched my best friend die, it took eight years for the cancer to take him, just saying. Worse thing can happen.

Best of luck with your decision, it's a tough one.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

long life and happiness to you and yours

Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Condolences, and prayers, for your friend.
So GLAD to hear, you KNEW jus' what to do, to SURVIVE !!!!! AND YOU DID !!!!!!

On the way to Algona, Ia for the Freedom Rally, received a text, friend's wife killed by semi crossing centerline on way to same rally.

Got back on Sunday nite, recieved a phone call during 4th of July fireworks, that Griz, S.O.S MC, 20 yr friend, killed in deer-bike collision.

Been riding 46 years. My # could come up TODAY. But I have had 46 GREAT years and hundreds of GREAT friends
My Sons know, my family knows. IF it happens, I died doing what I LOVE !!!!
That is what makes me get back on, and ride away.
It also allows me to climb roofs, go down in trenches, and jump out of perfectly good flying airplanes.

The roads today, are NOT the ones I started on. Idjuts EVERYWHERE.
I respect your decision, and understand completely.

I do my darnedest to keep "right" with the Man Upstairs.
God Speed. And N Joy LIFE, My Friend. (Livng Is Fun Everyday)

We ALL decide, on a daily basis, No more, No less.

Jus' keep on postin'.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:11 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Living to be 101 years old, and eating soft food in a nursing home is overrated.
I agree, don't let fear dictate your life. You could die eating tainted lettuce.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Take a break from riding untill the kids are grown and gone from home. Ya may want to return to it at that later date. If not, it ain't no big deal. ...........All the best to you and yours!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Tex42
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not clear on your thinking the cop is an "idiot". He showed up, did what he was supposed to do and gave you accurate information. So that makes him an idiot.
Glad you survived your near miss and good luck to you.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Sorry to hear it. Good luck!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Harleymopar
Intermediate

I , We respect your decision God bless ! There are 2 kinds of riders those who have been down, and those that are going down ! It is usually a matter of time, we all just hope to survive with minimal amount of damage.

Quick Reply: Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!