General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 76 Posts

Very sorry about your friend and thankful your close call wasn't your last. You have to do what's best for you and your family.

For me it's ridin and if it's the big one that takes me out, so be it. I'll give it the gas and die smiling.

Best of luck in the future to you and your friend's family.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cagers win again.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master

Plenty of people get killed in car accidents every single day! What are you gonna walk now! I don't mean to sound rash but I believe when the Big Guy pulls your card then its time to go and it doesn't matter what your doing riding or flying! Just my 2 cents

Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 PM
martinbrody
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man. I used to be big time into SCUBA and thought I would never walk away from it, but witnessed a fatality and it just took the joy out of it. I kept it up for a year just to see if the feeling would pass, I wasn't afraid of it, it just never felt the same.

My point is I understand quitting something you love because you just aren't feeling it anymore, it may not have anything to do with stats or risk, the joy is gone. If you don't come back to riding, you will find something else. Best of luck.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,465 Likes on 3,293 Posts

I understand.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Best Wishes to you.

I've got a wrecked motorcycle in my garage. I got hit a couple of days ago. My biggest fear is that I would have to quit riding.

Now, more than ever, I REALLY need to be able to ride. I miss it real badly.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that you are alright and I'm sorry about your long time friend . It's too bad that those a$$holes out there make people like yourself give up something they love . But I can understand why you are doing it . It's just a shame . Pray for the rest of us brother .

Old 07-20-2010, 12:19 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain

You going to quit driving a car too? Only the good Lord knows when He is going to call you and it does not matter WHAT you are driving! One thing about life; you wont come out of it alive! God bless you and I pray you live long.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM
bradrosewood
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kids are grown, good life insurance, great will. Realize it's a possibility, but it is something we really enjoy. Would love to grow old but anything can happen. Sorry for your loss.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look call me an ******* ( i hear often that I am )

A lady in the town next to me got hit by a car and killed while walking down the street......yeah walking down the street just the other day!!!

so what are we not going to do not leave our houses anymore?

maybe I'm alone in this but I think you need to go to your wifes closet pull out that dusty purse in the back that she dosen't use any more take your ***** out of it and reattach them.....

I am sorry for your loss but don't compound the tragedy.....your buddy would want you to ride...

Old 07-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I read your post, didnt read any others, so what i say is not influenced in any way..

There are times in life where we have to make decisions and place others ahead of ourselves, even if it is just for a short time or permanently. You have placed your family ahead of the risks, this is what being a responsible parent and husband is, they depend on you being there and you have made a decision to increase the odds that you are there. There is nothing to be sorry about. Go raise and care for your family, make them happy and teach your children to be responible adults.

Quick Reply: Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!